°•|Chapter VI|•°

°{Chapter VI}°

The car ride was not as bad as it seemed. 

Just you, Tom, and a Blue anthropomorphic hedgehog. So he claimed. 

You've never been outside of Green Hills before, only once on the outskirts of town on that trip with your parents long ago. But this was different. You were no where near the outskirts, and you were traveling to a new state. 

There wasn't much to see out of the window, either. Just tall pine trees on hills that seemed to go on forever. Yet, you still looked out of it. What else were you supposed to do?

"All right, there's gonna be rules on this trip. Number one: do exactly as I say, all the time. Got it?" Said Tom. You did not answer. However, Blue did. "Got it, Donut Lord." 

Tom raised his voice. "Would you stop with the "Donut Lord"? I have a name. It's Tom," he said, seeming to calm down a little. "I'm Sonic," said Blu- Sonic. "Sonic. Sonic...," Tom repeated, trying to identify the taste of his name. "...So you've been spying on us all for years?" He continued. 

"I mean, I wouldn't call it spying. We're all just hanging out, only I wasn't invited and no one knew I was there," Sonic replied. Which made you feel slightly uncomfortable. Knowing that he possibly had spied on you several times, it got you thinking that he probably had seen something he shouldn't have seen. Or perhaps deathly embarrassing. 

"I can't believe Crazy Carl was right all this time...," Tom said in slight disbelief. "Yeah, you call him Super Observant Carl instead," Sonic suggested - pretty much ending the conversation of Crazy Carl. Not a second later, he shouted, "Oh my God! Stop the car right now!" 

"What? What?! What?" Tom yelled in surprise, which got your attention. "'The World's Largest Rubberband Ball'?! We gotta see it!" Sonic said excitedly. You shuffled over to the seat next to you and looked out of the window. There was a large rectangular sign in the middle of a grassy field. Wooden fence posts surrounded the area, with barbed wire connecting them all together.

On the sign was a picture of a huge rubber band ball, with an arrow pointing to the next exit underneath. 'Here it is! The world's largest Rubberband Ball' was written on it in bright colours. "No. No, no, this is not some fun family road trip, okay? The government wants to dissect you, and arrest me. This is serious," said Tom.

With a sideways smile, Sonic speeds off out of the window, giving off the vibe that he was not good at following instructions. You looked at Tom, who seemed a bit surprised, but also not loving the fact of being ignored. Sonic suddenly appeared again in the passenger seat in less than a heartbeat. 

He now possessed a paddle ball, three rubber band balls, and a cap on his head. "Eh, you're right. It was lame. Gift shop was cool, though," he said, as he pulled up a white mouse pad out of nowhere. The words 'I ♥ Rubber Bands' were plastered on it. "I got you a mouse pad," he said, as he handed it to Tom. 

Not sure what to do with it, he left it on his lap. "So when are we gonna get there?" Sonic asked, as he starts playing with the paddle ball. "We get there when we get there," Tom said. He looked at Sonic, who was staring at him whilst paddling the ball. He looked away from him and back to the road, seeming to realise he wasn't that interesting to look at. 

You shuffled back to your seat, and slid down until your shoulder touched the bottom of the window. You stared at the seat Infront of you. So far nothing terrifying like the event from earlier back in the house has happened. Not that you weren't glad, of course. You were happy. But you have began to feel bored. 

It was the afternoon, in a couple of hours the day would come to an end. You wondered how long it would take you guys to reach San Francisco. Where would you proceed once your blue alien companion leaves?