°•|Chapter XI|•°

°•|Chapter XI|•°

The ride was not as you thought it would be.

Not at all.

The hedgehog, after many attempts of begging, had insisted that he himself should drive Rachel's car. Why?

Perhaps it was his own childish side, wanting the chance to experience controlling a vehicle. Or he simply wanted to make up for certain things that might or not be unbeknownst to you three. Whatever the reason, he sure was killing it.

A yelp escaped from you as the car dived into a sharp right. Have you not buckled your seatbelt, you would have resembled a bowl of mashed potatoes by now. "Coming through!" Said the excited voice of Sonic.

Tom tried to take over the steering wheel in sudden panic, as a silver car appeared in the centre of the road. His wish was denied, however, as Sonic jerked the wheel to the left making the car swivel around its silver counterpart.

The startled owner of the car stopped immediately as soon as they spotted the green vehicle being shakily driven by a blue, alien hedgehog child.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Now this is my turn!--" said the hedgehog, as his eyes landed on the free parking spot. "--and I'd pull around here! Sorry! And.... Perfect park!"

A sigh of relief left you, as you quickly unbuckled your seatbelt, and stepped out of the car. Not relishing to stay in there much longer, as Maddie trailed behind. "What are you, crazy?!" Shouted a voice belonging to a bystander.

"There anything you didn't hit?" Asked Tom, as he also stepped out of the car, whilst the blue hedgehog peeped over the car's windshield. "Why did we let the alien drive?" Maddie said out loud, her eyebrows creased as she had second thoughts about this somewhat terrible decision.

You cringed as your eyes scanned over the damage at the car's front. Rachel was not going to be happy. The adults seemed to have catched up with your emotions, also looking at the damage in silence. "Hey, I got us here. And please, five stars," Sonic said, as he zipped over to you three.

"So, this is it?" He asked, as he looked up at the Transamerica pyramid. It's glossy white structure standing tall and proud over the busy citizens of Francisco.

What made you feel on edge was the fact that anyone can see this blue hedgehog at any moment.

There was a few people walking around, a small portion, but it's still good to take precautions. "That's it. That's your pyramid," Tom replied, pointing at the obvious building for a second before looking down at the hedgehog.

"Wow! Look at that thing," Sonic said, seeming to break out of his gawking state before continuing. You stared up at the building as well, seeing how it seemed to be reaching out to the sky from the ground.

Cold air gently swayed past your figures, delivering the many scents that have originated from many places around you. Pollution, being the unfortunate main one. You squinted your eyes slightly as sunlight flashed upon them.

"What happens now--?" Maddie managed to say, as Sonic sped off in an instant.

You looked up ahead at the blue blur disappearing as soon as it appeared, perplexed just as much as the adults. "Oh. He's gone," Maddie said, surprised. "Yeah..." Tom responded, and no sooner had he has done so had the hedgehog returned back in an instant.

"No good. You need a special key to get to the roof," he said, looking up at the two adults. You held back a sigh as you spared a glance back at the famous landmark. "What now?" Maddie asked.

"Time for me to abuse the power entrusted to me," Tom announced.

Maddie gave him an empuzzled look. She craned her neck to the side, chocolate brown eyes fixated on her donut-loving husband. You sympathised with Maddie. As you were just as lost as she was, but deep down lingered a peculiar sense of excitement. Tom had some tricks up his sleeve.