°•|Chapter III|•°

°{Chapter III}°

"Time to get up, [Y/N]! It's your first day of your new school!" 

Your eyes flashed open. 

You found yourself in the same position as last night. You jumbled your brain, trying to recall what you did during the time of your supposed slumber. 

What did you do?

• • •

Recalling the precious memories were painful, so they say. 

Why does nostalgia have to be this sad? 

You lifted the spoon of cereal up to your lips, before going inside your mouth. The spoon came out, but not the cereal. 

But reminiscing them was good. It gave you a sense of euphoria in you, mixed with longing, sadness....

No. 

You told yourself off for going that far. It's true, you could not escape those awful feelings. But all you can do is stand idly by at the edge of the pool. You felt the warmth of sunlight blanket the side of your face. You looked towards the window, where it was streaming through.

You watched the branches on a tree sway back and forth in the breeze. It's leafy green leaves ruffling, some even twirling down to the grassy ground below.  The blue sky shimmered like a sapphire ocean. 

You let out a hum as the smell of pancakes from one of your memories filled up your nostrils, before quickly dispersing. As if it was never there.

You glanced back at your bowl of cereal, wishing it was a plate of pancakes. Alas, that wish did not come true.

 A small smile formed on your face as you recalled another memory from Green Hills. The day that when all the trouble started... And so your journey to San Francisco, begins. 

~'|•••••••••••°°°••••••••••|'~

Pancakes.

That was all you could think about as you stuffed your face with them. 

"Woah, take it easy tiger. You don't want to catch the hiccups, don't you?" 

Tom was at the dark coloured countertop, the same one you sat at to eat your sweet potato soup from last night. A large map of America was placed at the table. Whilst holding a red marker pen, he marked routes from Montana to San Francisco. His phone was placed down on top of the map near the corner of it. 

To be completely genuine, you were surprised that you weren't still mad at him for leaving Green Hills. It was his choice. For you knew, nothing stays the same. Sometimes the things you don't want to happen, happens. It was life, as they say. 

Yeah...as horrible as it sounds. 

You decided to go back to your pancakes, as you thought it wasn't worth trying to convince him to stay anymore. He made up his mind, plus, Maddie and Ozzy were already there, with her sister Rachel and her daughter, JoJo.

The atmosphere was a bit awkward for your taste. Since the events of last night, you were pretty sure you were on thin ice with Tom. Surprisingly though, he was acting like his usual friendly and happy-go-lucky self. As if the both of you yelling last night never happened. In general, you were glad he wasn't holding a grudge on you. 

Or the atmosphere would quickly go from awkward to super uncomfortable. There was now a cake sitting in front of you. It had a police officer iced onto it, with the word 'Congratulations!' at the top and 'I never had a doubt' below the policeman. At least you now know where the cake smell was coming from.