chapter 17

Max's POV:

I was interrupted from my Fifa match by someone knocking on my door, I hadn't been expecting anyone till tomorrow in the late afternoon- Bradley my trainer as we'll travel to the airport together. I went to the door at the most glacial pace and the person on the other side began to grow more impatient.

"Everything alright Lando?" he was the last person I expected to see. I now only realised how vast the height difference was between us, if Drina wears heels any higher she'll tower over him. "Just wondering if you wanted to hang out, I know you have to be on your best behaviour for your mrs so I thought I'd keep you company," he said it so calmly it was almost fake but I ignored that thought. I decided that to keep the peace between Miss Herzog and myself I should stay in and of course Drina told Lando all about it. I invited him in and he plonked down on the bed grabbing a controller as he did. A few rounds went by and finally Lando was himself, all hostility he had throughout today vanished. I noticed his catty behaviour yesterday, to be fair I think it because Drina and I are close and I don't blame him for his hostility, I'd probably react the same but its nice to have my mate back.

On the phone to Adriana last night she told me about Drina's encounter with Theo. Him and I were close, thick as thieves. But I was sworn to secrecy, Lando mustn't know about last night. Theo and Alexandrina complimented each other so well, visually of course, their 'issues' were a whole other conversation. A part of me wanted to see how Lando would react to seeing him in public.

Adriana's POV:

Hangovers were my least favourite things and for some annoying reason Drina never got them no matter how much she drank. She couldn't stop talking about Theo it was cute but I couldn't let her fall back into his hands.

"I seriously didn't expect to see Theo yesterday," she said as nonchalantly as she could walking back with her breakfast, "His voice sounds exactly the same its insane"

"So how is Lando?" I said while raising my brow at her. "Ugh relax nothing will come from this, i'm too good for Theo anyway." she said it so confidently it was practically an affirmation- growth.

"He's stopping round mine straight after he lands, make sure you and Max come too it'll be a fun night"

Going to her place straight after a flight? Either they're secretly together or she's trying to force Theo out of her system. After a while she suggested we go to her place because she had 'stuff' delivered and of course I forgot that Drina will only drive her own car if she absolutely has to otherwise she'll find someone else to do it for her- and people say i'm a diva. I trudged down the stairs of the tube station praying I didn't catch a disease. every time a train flew past a bitter breeze hit you in the face amplifying the damp smell of the tunnel. For the evening it was busy but then again I wasn't sure when it got busy, Maxie usually booked me a car service if he wasn't here to drive me, something about it being unsafe and filled with strange men. When we finally got to Drina's front door I had no idea she ordered that much stuff. Giant cardboard boxes varying in shape were stacked outside her door and in the entry way of her home. I made myself in like I usually do, not minding if I made a mess.

"Start opening some of the boxes babe" I did as she instructed and grabbed a knife from the kitchen to speed up the process. I opened the first box. it was small and deep, filled to the brim with bubble wrap, I dug out a small picture frame which held a picture of George and Alex pointing at lando and drina. They had no idea dozens of eyes were on them. she hasn't looked at anyone like that since Theo.

***

third person POV:

The f1 grid finally made it home or to their chosen holiday destinations. Lando and Max ended up being on the same flight back to London but decided they should sit with their teams but both agreeing to meet in the arrivals terminal. The girls decided they'd go to the airport to greet them.