Chapter eleven

Alexandrina's POV 

On Thursday I drove down to my parents place in the countryside. It was early and the morning fog was still sitting comfortably on the pothole filled road. Driving out of London was always something I found comforting. The smooth transition between the dense concrete jungle into the free open aired non-urban land was ever so satisfying. One of my favourite playlists was on in the background and played lightly over the sound of the car engine. As I hummed along to the melody's in the atmosphere I thought about Lando. When I spoke to him last night I reminded him that i'd be at my parents till Wednesday, and that I would be driving there at 6am today. And I was true to my statement. He called me this morning at around 5:30am to wish me a safe journey, he didn't have to be at the MTC until 1pm. It was so sweet, the smile he'd put on my face this morning still hadn't vanished. Monaco was like a dream. His soul was so pure and his actions and thoughts often matched mine. The way his eyes creased when he smiled, or the way he'd blush when i'd catch him looking, I was smitten with him. His willow green eyes were always filled with thoughts but I could never truly read what they were saying. I am usually able to read people like books but for some reason I couldn't read Lando like I wanted to. Although in this instance my inability to sus him out didn't make me tense or nervous, in this case I was comforted by it. Of course I wanted to know everything about him but this time I didn't want to rush. I wanted to let myself feel what I was supposed to. 

As the gates to my parents driveway opened I turned the music down and listened to the tyres crunch on the gravel.  The fountain in the centre of the driveway was comforting and it still had my name carved into it, which was something I did when I was younger. My parents house was a generous sized manor. It had been in our family for generations, above the double door entrance  was our family crest engraved into limestone and below it was the text 'Tueri Quos Amas,' which in English i've been told means; 'His protector, whom you love'. I've never completely understood what those words meant but nevertheless they have been etched into my brain for as long as I can remember. The deep crimson of the bricks contrasted the vast greenery that surrounded it. 

As my car pulled up to the front door my dad walked around to the drivers side door to open it for me whilst my twin brother Alexios grabbed my overnight bag from the boot. Compared to me, my dad was tall, he stood at a sky high 6ft 3in, his face was beaming and he picked me up to hug me and ruffled my hair causing a few strands to fall from my messy bun and crowd round my face. Like my dad, Alexios also inherited the tall gene (all of my brothers did) his long messy curls covered his eyebrows and I know that soon enough his hair would cover his eyes. Like me he had deep grey eyes that were cloaked by thick eyelashes. His jaw was sharp and his cheek bones high and statuesque like my mothers. He too picked me up to hug me and his hug was just as tight and as warm as my dad's. The three of us walked through the main corridor of the house. The smell of coffee filled the air and  twirled around the room. The walls were embellished with family photos and art my parents had collected over the years. A lot of the framed prints were of my mother. People had often described her as the perfect muse, her face caught the light so well, every item of clothing she'd ever worn fit her so perfectly, her voice was sweet like honey but when it needed to be it was rough like sandpaper and grasped your full attention. As we walked into the kitchen she was sat at the dining table; glasses perched on her face with a book in one hand and in front of her was a mug of coffee. She was in deep conversation with one of my sisters- Aphrodite. The gossip immediately made my ears prick up. They too got up to hug me, and I made a mental note to gather both my sisters to tell them about Monaco. 

This morning I got the conformation for my flight to Canada that leaves next Thursday night which made my mood even better. Once everyone had arrived my big fat loud family began to prepare breakfast. If i'm being completely honest I laid the table and ran to the sofa to play video games with my oldest brother Luca. He decided on Fifa and I lost miserably.