chapter two

After the short but turbulent flight, Adriana and I finally landed in Monaco. We collected our bags and began to hunt for a taxi. From the corner of my eye I saw a huge orange sign. I turned to get a proper look at it and a grin appeared on my face. I stopped dead in my tracks and grabbed my friend. Max came to pick us up! The couple ran to each other and shared a warm embrace, I also gave max a hug and he helped us with our bags and took us to the car.

"How was the flight ladies?" he asked.

"Don't get me started," I began, "There was a baby that cried to whole time and to top it off the plane felt like it was going to fall apart!"

"Ah so the usual?" max joked, which earned a laugh from Adriana.

After the short drive I arrived at the hotel. Maxie and Adriana are staying at his. I hate staying there it always smells like a teenage boy. My god how does one person sweat so much!!

I opened my hotel room door and was hit with fresh crisp air. I dropped my bags and went to freshen up. the balcony had a beautiful wrought iron gate and the most gorgeous view.

 the balcony had a beautiful wrought iron gate and the most gorgeous view

Max gave me my passes for the weekend sealed in an envelope. He left a note too 'keep an eye on Adriana for me'.

I ordered a margarita pizza from room service and ran myself a hot bath. I need all the time I can get to unwind before the high speed weekend ahead. I scrolled through instagram whilst I waited for my food to arrive. everyone who was anyone is in Monaco. I have to admit I know nothing about F1 so I decided to do some googling incase I end up talking to anyone new. The knock at my door signalled that my food was here. I thanked the lady and tucked in immediately.

I was up to date on all my uni work which was a first so I finally had time to catch up on Netflix. I decided to start a new show la casa de papel. I woke up startled and disgruntled. 4am. Shit I fell asleep watching Netflix. I brushed my teeth before going back to bed and drifting off.

I had a dream about graduating from uni. it was something that's always been important to me. walking across the stage in my cap and gown. There's just something about it. I still have zero clue what I want to do with my degree but that doesn't matter right?

Friday morning. I woke up feeling relaxed. you could hear car engines being fired up and fans cheering in the streets. Adriana and max will be at the track by now. I sent her a text saying ill be there soon. 

Now the moment I dreaded the most; choosing an outfit. I decided on a thin jumper with shorts and some heels.

 I decided on a thin jumper with shorts and some heels

(the outfit for reference, feel free to change it!)

I laid the clothes on my bed and began doing my hair. with a curling iron I put some waves in my long chocolate brown hair and brushed them out so they look slightly more natural. Then I moved onto makeup. I used concealer to cover years worth of sleep deprivation and applied blush to my cheeks. I swept some eyeshadow across my eyelids and put mascara on. Mum says mascara makes the grey in my eyes pop. Personally, I can't tell the difference. I finished off with jewellery and then got dressed. It's a weird order to do things I know!

I ordered an açai bowl for breakfast and decided to take my time whilst eating it. I'd have to walk to the track which is fine because it just a few minutes away, plus its early so it can't be that busy right?

authors note: sorry this was really short🥺 hope you enjoy it!