Chapter four

Lando's POV

My early morning alarm forced me awake. The smile was still etched into my face, it made my jaw hurt but who cares. My phone was still in my suit jacket which was on the floor. As I picked it up the scent of her perfume smacked me in the face, as if my smile couldn't get any bigger. 

The way her hair framed her face. Her deep grey eyes looked like two moons. Her strawberry red cheeks and her rosy lips. She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Drina didn't know much about racing, but from our conversation yesterday I could tell she tried so hard to make sense of it all. Listening to her explain what all the flags meant was adorable.

As I riffled around my jacket pocket looking for my phone as my alarm blared, I pulled out  napkin. it said:

'Alexandrina's number: *insert number*'

Did she slip her number into my pocket? Cute and smooth? Wow. 

After I was dressed I packed my rucksack and folded the napkin and put it in my pocket. Carlos isn't going to believe me when I tell him about this.

Jon and I drove to the paddock and spoke about the weekend, he noticed my over excited mood and I told him about the night before. He was in pure shock it was hilarious .

 I signed a few posters and took some pictures with fans, I love meeting them and hearing their stories. It's so great to have the most amazing supporters.

Max caught up with me on my way to the hospitality area.

"Did you get my note mate?" Max asked raising his eyebrows and a smile on his face

"Note? What note? Wait a second- you gave me her number?" and here's me thinking she casually slipped it into my pocket, would've been cool if she did though, I could picture it happening.

"You should've seen the way you two were looking at each-other, I don't think I've ever seen her look at someone like that. I was doing you a favour," he said

It made my heart jump when I found out she might be feeling the way I do.

"Just don't mess around with her. Take good care of her. And good luck today I can't wait to out qualify you later.." and with that Max left. What he said sounded slightly threatening, although I guess he's like an older brother to her, he's just being protective. Plus max and I are good friends so I knew what he meant, I would never hurt her, even though I've known her for such little time

After FP3 I caught up with the Chilli in the Mclaren hospitality.

"You're telling me you were actually able to flirt with a pretty girl without making a fool of yourself?" said Carlos in sheer disbelief.

"YES, why don't you believe me?! I even have her number," I said although I was slightly bragging to myself about the phone number thing.

"Okay hermano, if you have her number... call her and invite her here." Carlos shot back.

Shit shit shit. What if max had given me a fake number as a joke? Max was always playing pranks on me. What if it is her and she doesn't answer? A million questions raced through my mind.

I ran to my drivers cabin and grabbed the napkin from my trousers as I was still in my race suit, and then I dashed back to carlos. I waited a moment to catch my breath and then I dialled the number, making me realise how terrible Max's handwriting was.

"Hello?" 

... 

"Uh hello, is anyone actually going to speak?" said the feminine voice.