Chapter five

Alexandrina's POV

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I got myself a date? An actual physical date?

I made it back to the red bull hospitality and managed to pry Adriana and Max off each other. which believe me was hard work.

"Guys I think i'm going on a date tonight," I revealed, I was so nervous I couldn't stand still.

The couple sat on the sofa and exchanged a few looks as I stood before them. how on earth do they have conversations with just their face? Literally zero words were uttered.

"Well? I need help, what do I wear? what do I say? how do I stand? how do I sit?" the questions poured out of my mouth at such a speed I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't sound like English.

"For starters you could say 'thank you max'" Max said as he mimicked my voice, his attempt at my accent was rancid yet hilarious, Adriana and I let out a laugh and he frowned slightly.

"Drina, ignore him, don't give me that look mister," Adriana shot a look at her boyfriend and he raised his hands in defeat, "I'll go back to the hotel and help you get ready, text him the hotel address so he knows where to pick you up from."

I pulled my phone out of my bag the screen illuminated my face. My fingers hovered nervously over the screen. Why was I so nervous? I already have the date. After a few seconds of psyching myself up I sent lando my hotel address and nodded at my friends to show them I'd done it.

Adriana had a smug look on her face and she kept wiggling her eyebrows at me and nudging max.

"What are you doing with your face?" I asked with a confused look upon my own.

"I saw you, in the mclaren garage sat on the work bench holding his hands, gazing ever so lovingly into his eyes. i'm pretty sure half the world saw it, it was live on TV," she mocked whilst Max made kissing noises. Those two really are perfect for each other.

Max's trainer Jake drove me ad Adriana back to my hotel because Max had a post qualifying debrief. Once we got there I thanked him and made my way up to my room with Adriana following closely behind. I asked her to fill every and any silence because I was so nervous I didn't want my mind to wonder and create bad thoughts. Her German accent isn't as strong as it used to be, I remember when her and max met for the very first time he had trouble understanding her. However, I took comfort in my best friends voice. The elevator ride took forever and Adriana decided to sing at the top of her lung which slightly eased my nerves, and every so often I'd chime in. Not to toot my own horn but I can carry a tune very well.

After a few martinis, I decided to start getting ready. Whilst I redid my makeup Adriana ran some curls through my hair. I danced over to my suitcase to pick an outfit whilst Adriana sat eagerly waiting on the edge of the bed, like me her feet didn't touch the ground. We were both too small.

The baby blue dress finished just above my knees and gathered at the waist exaggerating my figure. It was embroidered with teeny tiny flowers and had mesh puffy sleeves with a low cut square neckline and it was slightly backless. I slipped on some white heels and twirled for Adriana. She applauded enthusiastically with a huge grin on her face and walked towards me. She adjusted my hair and my dress.

"Now listen to me Drina, I want you to have fun tonight. I did some asking around and had Max give me the 411 on lando, he's a good guy from what I've heard. But if you do need me, Max and I are on standby and will come and get you if you want us to." she assured me.

She took a step back and had a satisfied smile on her face.

Once Adriana left I perched on my bed in fear of spilling something on my dress and waited anxiously as I waited for lando to text and say he's here. My leg bounced in anticipation and a million thoughts rushed through my mind.

Lando's POV

I dropped my car off at the hotel's valet and walked up the steps into the lobby. It was extremely grand, maybe to grand for my personal taste but the vibe suited her.

 It was extremely grand, maybe to grand for my personal taste but the vibe suited her

I texted her to say I'm in the lobby, she read the message but didn't reply.

I sat down and waited.

5 minutes later she floated down the staircase. My jaw fell to the floor I got up and ruffled my hair and fidgeted because I was so nervous.

The sky blue dress complimented her tan skin. Her hair fell past her shoulders and led a path down to her waist. She balanced in her heels effortlessly. Her eyes fell on me and she looked me up and down, a small smile curved at the corner of her mouth. The light hit her cheekbones and the tip of her nose, making her sparkle.

As she approached me I could see her hands shaking, it was comforting knowing that she was just as nervous as I was.

"Alexandrina.. you look, you look so pretty," I said making her blush and look down at the marble floor beneath us.

"I uh, thanks you-you look pretty too-" she stammered nervously, only realising what she said afterwards. "Wait no I didn't mean it like that, n-not that you don't look good or anything because you do its just-" as she carried on stumbling through her sentences, I admired how she tried to compose and correct herself.

"Don't worry," I chuckled, "Uh dinners not going to eat itself right?" I said whilst taking her hand, I could see she was glad I moved around what she said.

The scent of her perfume was hypnotic, she was so blind to the affect she had on me.

Thankfully the streets of Monaco were quiet. I led her to my car and opened the door gesturing for her to get in.

"Thanks," she said with a wink, i'm glad to see she got her confidence back, it made her even more attractive.

Since the city was so silent, and we had to take the back streets to the restaurant because of the track, I was able to put my foot down. Whenever I hit the gas her grip on my hand tightened, it was so adorable. We spent the short drive blasting shitty radio music and singing along. I was so surprised to hear how angelic her voice was. I could listen to her sing forever.

As I approached the street the restaurant was on, I turned the music down to navigate where it was exactly. 

I booked us a table at 'La Piazza' one of the best Italian restaurants in Monaco. As I pulled into the valet her eyes almost fell out of her head in shock when I repeated the name of the restaurant.