𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

As a Jedi, we are trained to be keepers of the peace, not soldiers. But all I've been since I was a padawan is a soldier.

~~~

I have to work this out on my own, without the Order and without you.

~~~

I'm no longer a Jedi, it was my choice. I left the Order.

~~~

I Am No Jedi.

~~~

Your Master was murdered by Darth Maul on Naboo. You watched in pain as the Sith Lord ran his double-bladed lightsaber through her chest. You cried out in pain and fell to your knees, the red laser wall blocking you from running and helping her. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan told you to stay where you were as they dealt with the Sith. You ignored them and crawled over to your Master who groaned in pain.

"Master?" You whispered weakly, lifting her into your arms.

"(Y/N)...my young...padawan..." She lifted a hand to your cheek and brushed it with a weak smile. "This...is...another lesson..." She began but you couldn't handle it. You were 11 and your master was bleeding out in your arms. Tears poured from your face as she tried to remain calm. "Do...not let...your fear...cloud...your judgement...I...should...shouldn't...have allowed...you to...come...you're...too...young," She coughs out blood and it splatters on your Jedi robes.

"Master...please...I can't lose you,"

"Trust...in the...the force~"

"Yes, Master," You sniffled as she went cold in your arms. You cried out, you mother-figure dead in your arms. You felt a hand on your shoulder and saw Qui-Gon. He picked you up in his arms and you cried into him as he carried you, soothing you and telling you it wasn't your fault while Obi-Wan covered Luminara while waiting for back-up. The last time you saw your Master was when Qui-Gon turned and you saw her dull eyes staring up before they were covered. You buried your head into his shoulder and cried while he rubbed your back soothingly.

‡★•~~~•★‡

You watched as her body was sent into the pyre, your hold on her lightsaber tightening while Qui-Gon wrapped an arm around you, hugging you with silent reassurance.

"What will happen to me now?" You sniffled, looking at his cloaked form.

"The Council has granted me permission to train you. You will be a Jedi as Luminara said, I promise," You nodded and looked across the flames to see Obi-Wan sit next to a little boy with blonde hair who looked your age. You buried your head back into Qui-Gon who rubbed your back as the flames clouded your vision.

After the funeral, the blonde boy you saw ran up to you. He smiled while averting his gaze.

"Hello," He began nervously. You wiped your eyes and stopped when noticing he wanted a conversation.

"Hey,"

"I'm sorry about your Master, I can't imagine what it's like to watch someone you saw as a mother die," He said, looking up at you. "I'm Anakin," He said, sticking out his hand.

"(Y/N)," You responded, shaking his hand.

"I'm from Tatooine," He said, kicking the floor from nerves.

"Jakku,"

"Where?" He asks and you giggle.

"It's nowhere special," You say as he laughs too.

"(Y/N)," Qui-Gon says, motioning for you to follow him.

"See you around, Anakin," He nods as you run over to Qui-Gon Jinn, your new master.

~~~

Mace Windu, Yoda and Qui-Gon all gathered in the council room for a deep conversation.

"(Y/N)'s attachment to her Master could be risky, we don't want to be training a Sith in the making. And your ex padawan, Obi-Wan, has killed a Sith Lord,"

"Risk, there is, keeping both around," Yoda piped up.

"I see (Y/N) achieving what Anakin could,"

"Two Chosen Ones? Impossible," Windu says.

"A Sith, one must be,"

"Exactly, the Sith must have a Chosen One then,"

"I'm not saying she is a Chosen One, but she is going to become a far greater Jedi than we have ever had," Qui-Gon argued. Windu and Yoda shared a look before looking at him.

"You can train her, and Obi-Wan can train Anakin. However, she is your responsibility, if she is to fall to the dark side-"

"I will do what I must," He finished before bowing and walking out, shaking his head at his former padawan.

"What is it?"

"I am glad not to be on the Jedi Council," Qui-Gon led Obi-Wan to a room before shutting the doors. "We are going to train the children...but if either of them falters to the dark side...we are responsible for it and must deal with it ourselves," He nodded in understanding.

"They will be powerful Jedi's," Obi-Wan commented and Qui-Gon simply nodded. "Good luck with her...she will be hard to get back to normal after Luminara,"

"I know," Qui-Gon smiled before patting the shoulder of his padawan and gave him a nod of respect before leaving the room.

‡★•~~~•★‡

You and Anakin sat patiently, waiting for them to return. You two were sitting crossed-legged on the floor. He was teaching you a game he learnt on Tatooine. He gathered sand from the balcony to trace out a grid.

"So, you have to get three in a row...I need three X's and you need three O's," He said and you both started. He won and cheered. "Yeah! Point to Anakin!" He cheered and you laughed.

"Well done,"

"But the great thing about this game is we can restart," He brushed the pattern away before bringing the sand back in a pile before spreading it and making the same grid. "See?"

"Cool!" You sprung back into the game, Anakin kept winning but eventually, you figured out his moves and used it against him and won. "Yay!"

"Finalllllyyy," Anakin exaggerated. "Only took you 8 games," He mocked and you picked up the sand and threw it at him. "Ew! Gross! It's in my mouth!" You giggled as he made a silly face to spit it back out. "Ugh, it's so rough!" You fell backwards with laughter as he swatted at his tongue to remove the sand. Qui-Gon watched from the corner as you two played and messed around. Obi-Wan approached him and sighed.

"It's sad their innocence is being taken away from them at such a young age," He commented as Anakin launched to tackle you.

"Stop laughing! If you ate sand, it would be the same!" He complained as you both rolled around.

"I'm afraid of their attachment. Perhaps it would be better to train them individually...for them not to be around each other," Qui-Gon said and Obi-Wan nodded.

"Yes, Master,"

"(Y/N)," His deep voice called out. Anakin quickly jumped off you and blushed as you scrambled to your feet.

"Master," You said flustered. "I'm sorry for being silly," He smiled as he gestured for you to follow. You quickly ran over to your stuff and picked up your lightsabers, one small for your size and one massive; that one being Luminara's. "Bye Anakin,"

"Bye!" He waves widely as you run to catch up with your Master.

"Young one, do you want to train with two lightsabers?" You pondered at the question and looked at the two sabers in your hand.

"Yes, I would love to,"

"Well, remember, the lightsaber chooses you...if the force believes you should wield two, it will show us,"

"Yes, Master,"