𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

A few days pass and you still feel the tension between you and Anakin. Though you two still spend time with each other and talk, there's something different, something changed after his confession and your rejection. You walk through the Lake Country, popping in to see Padme every chance you get but it never lasts for long, the medical droid always shooing you away or Padme sleeping during your visits.

"Anakin!" You call after him as you see him leave the medbay.

"Visiting time is over," He says as he began to walk towards you.

"Well, I was trying to find you...to talk to you," He raised a brow as you two walked with each other.

"What is it?"

"You're having nightmares, aren't you?" He scoffs at that.

"Jedi's don't have nightmares,"

"I heard you," He stops and turns to face you, you also stop. "Last night, I heard you...you were calling your mother's name, you were shouting 'stop' and 'no'," You say and you place a gentle hand on his arm before running your hand down his robes to grasp his hand. Pink dusted his cheeks at the simple yet comforting touch. He closes his eyes before opening them, holding your hand tightly, afraid of letting you go.

"I saw my mother. I saw her as clearly as I see you now. She's suffering, (Y/N). She is in pain...They're killing her!" He sighs deeply and presses his forehead to yours. "I know I'm disobeying my mandate to protect the Senator. I know I will be punished and possibly thrown out of the Jedi Order, but I must go. I have to help her! I'm sorry, (Y/N). I don't have a choice,"

"Then you leave me no choice," You say, looking up at him. "I'm coming with you,"

"No...I can't let you do that,"

"We need medical supplies that we can only get from Tatooine, you can fly and I know what we need," Anakin smirks and bites his tongue, pulling away from you however your hands stay intertwined.

"Qui-Gon will find out,"

"But by the time he does that, it'll be too late for him to do anything," You respond with a mischievous smile. "Captain Tyhoo is still here with his security team while we pick up what we need," You hesitate. "But...if we get in trouble, you're going to take the blame,"

"Fine by me," You roll your eyes before dropping his hand, blushing slightly.

"Lead the way,"

‡★•~~~•★‡

The Naboo Starship heads toward the desert planet of Tatooine. The ride is quick, you barely have enough time to change in clothing more suitable for, as Anakin says, 'the harsh weather' of this desert planet.

 The ride is quick, you barely have enough time to change in clothing more suitable for, as Anakin says, 'the harsh weather' of this desert planet

Anakin lands the ship in a large parking lot of Spaceships on the outskirts of Mos Espa. He steps out onto the ramp and stares at the wasteland he hasn't seen for years. You slowly come out and examine the area. It reminded you of Jakku; the sand, the dull colours, the rusty market stools put together by pipes and wire tape. Anakin waves down a rickshaw and helps you in it before he sits beside you.