Chapter 4

Chapter 4
Medicine

MAHIRU KNEW THIS DREADED DAY WOULD EVENTUALLY COME

Mahiru wasn't the type of person who believed in luck. She believed that chances are earned, and that she had to do something for something to work out or take place. But she had the worst luck to have their 7-day Kyoto trip the same week as Kuroo and Hikari's wedding anniversary.

The couple had informed the girls on the first day of their stay here. Mahiru remembered the conversation to be quite- no actually, very awkward. It was after that semi-disastrous dinner they had on the first night and Mahiru was trying her best to not listen to their conversation anymore.

When the topic was brought up, Mahiru remembered Asahina being silent for a minute. Mahiru remembered how Asahina quietly stared at her own plate for a while. Asahina was a jolly and happy person by nature, and it took a lot to silence her, much more to actually make her uncomfortable. Though she wanted to help her younger sister, Mahiru knew she couldn't do much. She of course can't stop the anniversary from happening, and it was Asahina who requested this, she should've known.

Then again, they both didn't know much about their father or his new family. Sakura Iguchi forbade them to ever have contact with their father and it was not like they really wanted to know, well Asahina did.

She's said it before, but she doesn't really understand why Asahina wants to be a part of Kuroo's life. How come after all that's happened, all that their father has done, she still wanted to be part of his life. Mahiru blamed it on her youth, she was too young, too naive to realize what their father had done. Because if she only came to understand, she wouldn't treat the man the same way.

"Are you girls comfortable?" she heard her father ask, breaking her daze and making her look at the said man.

Her father looked good. He was good looking to say, and the years have done him good. He was also of foreign blood, so his striking features easily captured people's attention. He was sporting a black suit with a blue necktie. Everyone was wearing formal clothes today, after all, it was the wedding anniversary celebration of one of the richest couples in Kyoto.

The celebration is currently taking place in their family's garden. The Tsukasa Estate was big enough to have its very own library, of course it's also big enough to have a whole garden used for celebrations. The garden was filled with different flowers and plants, decorated with white cloth and accents for the special event happening today. There were also tables with chairs scattered around the grounds for the guests. There was a stage in the very front with a very floral backdrop and on the other end was a buffet table for foods.

It wasn't that grand; the design was all minimal, but you could tell that they spent money on the event.

"We're okay, Kuroo-san." Asahina replied, seeing as her older sister has no plans on replying to their father.