Chapter 6

Chapter 6
Loved

WARNINGS: Poorly Written Hospital Chapter, Mentions of Suicide

WHEN MAHIRU HAD WOKEN UP, she found herself staring at a plain white ceiling. She didn't know what happened, she just remembered passing out.

Oh.

She passed out?!

Finally registering in her mind that she had passed out, Mahiru hurriedly tried to sit up, but she couldn't as she was being restricted by the many machines connected to her. She looked around, and saw just how many medical devices were connected to her body.

She sighed, realizing the situation she was in.

She remembered the shrine. She remembered going through the whole shrine, hours of walking and exhaustion. She wasn't scared earlier, she had her medicine prepared in her small bag and she knew her limit. But somehow, this still happened. She wasn't careful enough and did not think carefully enough. Now she was here, in an ICU once again.

It was not really the first time she was placed in an intensive care unit, she knew she was ill, in fact many people knew she was ill. She had been diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy since she was a child. It was hereditary, it was the same heart condition that slowly killed her mother. She had experienced being rushed to the hospital more than her grandmother who was years older than her.

She knew she was weak. She knew her body couldn't take too much exertion, she knew all of this, and thought that she had prepared herself well enough. But she didn't. And now she lies in another hospital bed.

Completely alone.

"You're awake."

Mahiru turned her head to the side immediately as she heard that deep voice. She had not expected him to be here. He was the last person she expected to find in her hospital room.

Mahiru stared at him intently, confusion in her eyes as she wondered why the hell was Hatori Sohma in the room? She would have understood if her younger siblings, or her so-called father would be here, even her father's new wife would have made more sense in her mind. But this guy? Mahiru hoped she slept longer to have avoided breathing the same air as him.

"They're on the way," The man suddenly stated.

Hatori Sohma was sitting on a couch near the right side of the bed. He had his arm crossed on his chest, his head relaxed on the wall and his laptop was sitting on his lap. He looked as if he had been there for quite a while and Mahiru could only wish he wasn't. He was also very much looking directly into her eyes, and that made Mahiru realize that she has been staring at him for quite a while now.