Chapter 7

Chapter 7
Disrespectfully

AFTER THE EVENTS OF KYOTO, Mahiru had to go back to her regular life, which was being a third-year college student

AFTER THE EVENTS OF KYOTO, Mahiru had to go back to her regular life, which was being a third-year college student. It was her final year for her bachelor's degree since she was in an accelerated program with her friends. Of course, her days were spent either studying or visiting the family company to learn a thing or two.

Speaking of family company, she hasn't talked to her grandmother about what she had known. She just hasn't found the right time yet. But she was being distant. It made her uncomfortable. And the only thing that would make her comfortable again would be finding out who lied to her, or just ignorance.

There were a lot of things on her mind since Kyoto. The family business, her parents' relationship, her grandmother, her father-

"How about you Mahiru?" Her daze was broken when she heard her name being mentioned.

Mahiru immediately looked up from her laptop and stopped typing to look at the two girls sitting in front of her. "Hmm?" She hummed, unsure of what was going on. Oh right, they were talking about the paper in taxation. "Submitted already." She simply replied before going back to what she was doing on her laptop.

The girl in front of her, her cousin, Shiina chuckled at her response. "Such a Mahiru thing to say." She commented. Mahiru glared at her before turning back to her laptop, making the girl laugh more.

Mahiru had met many people in her college life, but her inner circle was still composed of the people she had met in her preschool days. There was Kei, her best friend and partner in crime, Chizuru, a friend of theirs from the private school, and there was Shiina, her cousin who was the same age as her. They have been the three constant people in Mahiru's life. Though sometimes they were very annoying like now, she still wouldn't want any other friends except them.

"Mahiru, where's Kei?" Mahiru heard Chizuru ask as the former was busy typing on her laptop.

"He went to his parents' office, as far as I know." she quickly answers without taking her eyes off her laptop. She was used to people asking her about Kei's whereabouts. She and Kei update each other a lot so if anyone knows where the other is, it's probably them.

"Your future in-laws you mean?" Chizuru teased, immediately making Mahiru look at her with a judging look on her face. "Still not dating?" Chizuru added with a smirk on her face before laughing at Mahiru's reactions.

Mahiru looked at her with a weirded-out look "God, No." she denied before shrugging her off and focusing on her laptop.

It was also normal for people to ask about the relationship between Kei and Mahiru. It was not the first time somebody asked, and she was quite sure that it wouldn't be the last time somebody would ask her that question. Still, every time someone asks Mahiru about it, she just shrugs it off. What they thought about their relationship was out of her control and to be honest, out of her concern. She would rather die than always worry about what others think of their relationship.