Chapter 9

Chapter 9
A Daydream

AUGUST WAS ONE OF ASAHINA'S MOST AWAITED MONTHS

AUGUST WAS ONE OF ASAHINA'S MOST AWAITED MONTHS. Her favorite months are actually just January, February and March as they were the birth months of her and her sisters. But August holds a special place in her heart because of one thing. Summer break.

On her previous summer breaks as a junior high school student, she had spent it with her friends. She spent all day outside under the sun, with no care about school, family problems and the like. The Iguchi family didn't spend summer break with each other, as everyone was busy with their own businesses.

So, it was a shock to her that this summer break, her grandmother had brought them to one of the houses she had bought in Okinawa. Their grandmother, the same cold and strict grandmother that was so against her meeting with their father and going to a public high school, brought a house in Okinawa, and asked their whole family to stay in Okinawa.

It was totally out of character!

But still, being the nice and innocent child that she was, she gave her grandmother the benefit of a doubt. Maybe it would be fun to spend summer break with her and her Okinawa Resort! Maybe their whole family would hit the beach and play beach volleyball!

They didn't.

Instead, she was forced to stare at the sea through the glass windows of the house. She had pleaded and begged her grandmother to go out or let her go out by herself earlier. But the older woman did not agree, saying something about how the heat outside was not healthy for her skin and would make her dirty with sweat.

Asahina was dumbfounded. Now she was just staring at the sea aching to play underneath the sun.

The older women of the family knew better. They too were suspicious of the oldest Iguchi's actions, but they never voiced it out, knowing too well that it would never lead to a good conversation. But they knew that even though they were out here on such a good day, the matriarch of the Iguchi family would still find a way to control all of them.

Currently, Shoko and Sakura were drinking tea, Shiina was fast asleep on the couch beside her mother, Yozora was reading some magazine in a different couch, and Mahiru was reading a book just a few spaces next to her grandmother. Asahina was of course sulking. But it had been a quiet time for the women of the Iguchi family. It had been peaceful.

But peace never lasts in their family.

"Yozora, you're already 25, aren't you?" Mahiru hears her grandmother's cold voice ask.

From her peripheral vision, she could see Yozora stop flipping the pages of her magazine, preparing herself for whatever their grandmother has in store for her. "Yes, Oba-san." She politely answered.

But she would have never guessed what their grandmother suddenly brought up. "Still no marriage prospects?" She says in a strict tone, as if she was disappointed by the news.