Chapter 16: The Moon and It's Rocker

Luna is the name. The name of a moon that, in my eyes, once shined upon my valley. Many she would have come within her bubble thanks to her glossy skills in combat or winning them over with her looks alone. However, many she pulled inside that bubble, go right out one way or another.  Except for a small few; except for me.  

She always saw stars as something that glitters above the many on-lookers of the valley. Such a pitiful star I became. My flames couldn't even keep the dream of her glow alive. They only dim as the rock she left pulls on my heart. I'm reminded of such as she walks in with a glistening smile on her face. 

With moon-like white skin, somehow even shinier than I remembered it to be, it all hits home when she opens her mouth

"Hello, Folium family, I'm home!!" Such simple words she says with the biggest taste of fruity gum. 

While she greets some of her sister's voices from up the stairs. My mind can't concentrate on who or what is exchanged. My heart keeps pounding while my brain flashes memories rapidly through my eyes leaving everything else frozen in shellshock. I think even one of my eyes starts twitching.

I feel like I'm trapped in time itself until my eyes finally put together the image of her inches away from my face. Only then my ears can hear her words for God knows how long she was saying.

"You ok there dude," she asks. Her voice still speaks with sugar even if I felt the spice of irritation put deep into her black pearl-like eyes. 

As she waves her hand in my face I can't help shaking red. I blink my eyes once more and begin speaking.

"Oh, my apologies. The heat can fry your brain faster than slaving over coal down in a mineshaft." I smile but she doesn't do the same. 

Her body tilts in confusion while her eyes try to study mine. I guess she didn't get my Rango reference. Still, she has them running to my feet faster than any Lunger could have. 

"Oh dear, where are my manners? Joseph Arrowson at your acquaintance." 

If my squad mates were here, they would already be falling into laughter. I can't tell what went faster. My body bowing to her just like Lincoln did to me or how my cheeks start to bleed once I realize what I did. Even with my head at her knees, I can tell Lincoln and Lisa were holding in their howlers. I bet, to them, they are thinking like I've just seen a ghost. In a way I do. 

 I can only imagine what Lincoln and his sisters would do if they were in her shoes. Lincoln and Luana would laugh, Loran and Lana would find me strange, then both Lisa and Lavender would fight me even if one was born with a brain and not fists. That thought and having no idea what to do next keeps my body from moving. 

All is thrown away once I see the slight crinkly form in the ride side of her mouth, then she tells me to rise like a king to her peasant. She even does it in a British voice to add to her act. We then were both sharing crinkles on the edges of our smiles.

"Say you said your name was Joseph Arrowson, right?" She asks, now starting to form a smile.

"That's right," I reply. The red on my face starts turning back to a crisp brown, though I don't think she notices.

"Well, Joseph that's a pretty rocking name you got there. Has a nice ring to it."

"Why thank you. Your Luna I assume then."

"You bet, Luna Folium at your service," proceeds to bow to me as I did to her, yet the form is a bit fancier. We both chuckle softly at that fact while staring into each other's eyes. 

She tilts her head to the side, her brain thinking like a person she's trying to recall. Gives me time to compare as I did for all the other Foliums I've seen, though I still can't believe she is one. Both share mostly the same features, from the freckles put underneath the eyes, to even the way her lips perk up when forming a smile. However, her sense of style is much different.