Chapter 14: New Timeline (Part 2)

Is this really Lincoln before The Great Terror? Before he became a founder who put the ghouls back underground? Is this the signet warrior who led many glorious battles that were victorious? I almost can't believe it but then I remembered. Everyone must start somewhere, after all, I started with not knowing the parts of a blade, and now I use it to kill bots like butter to a knife. 

Thinking about it, my Lincoln would want me to rise from my timorous and have a bit of a self-image if the roles were reversed. Something I ultimately agree with.

"No need for that" I gesture to him, making him raise his head from my waist. "Just all in good fun in the end, right?"

He chuckles awkwardly for a brief moment, then says

"Right. Oh dear, how rude of me. My name is Lincoln Folium."

"Joseph Arrowson is the name." I go for his hand and after a bit of hesitation, he shakes it firmly, even if it lingers with sweat.

"Well, nice to meet you, Joseph Arrowson. Allow me to also be happy to introduce my partner in crime over there, Eddy Williams the Third." He then points to Eddy who's still shivering in his uniform. I wave to him and let it pass. "Then I can see you already met a few of my sisters."

In a way, his words hit close to home to the point I can feel my throat filling with sweat. I never thought I would ever hear his voice again. His final words felt heavier than the still healing burn wounds on my back. I know that he's referring to the three I've met today, but my heart is dead set on two. 

My Lincoln and Lisa have mentioned very little of these three, maybe in passing but never mention their names. Besides that, they might as well not exist, in the end, I can't blame either of them. As for Lana, she's mentioned her brother and sisters before, but I always fought she was referring to just Lisa and maybe one more. How much of a fool I was. I don't know if I was ready to see Lana again after realizing all of this. Theirs, or mine. 

However, I shove those feelings in a locker inside my brain, choosing to deal with what's in front of me.

"You know, you haven't explained why the hell you're here." Lavender barks, while slivering a pencil between her fingers."

"I guess it's a total mystery oooo... Launa's silents show that even she can't charm the eyes of a snake. Now the spotlight shines upon me once again. 

"Well...you see I'm here...for the... Then like a lightning bolt coming from a cloud, I remember the phrase my Lisa said to me. I still think it's ridiculous and it has no right to work, however, I have no better option. "The local county fair. I plan on winning the costume contest."

"Ooo, for the valley's annual county fair," Loran asks. Lincoln sighs which gives her the answer to that upbeat question.

"Alright, what the hell are you supposed to be then" Lavender rumbles.

"Well...I choose to be a futuristic soldier from an apocalyptic time, and I have a time machine as my prop that I'll use."

"You mean the prop that's making out with the dirt?" She snickers back. I smile and hiss out a yes through my teeth. At least now we can both be snakes.

I continue "You see my prop got damaged and I needed to stop and fix it fast. The heat out there can be really troublesome if you catch my drift."

My words start filling gasoline into their eyes, I'm losing them.

"Ok, that's a nice story and all, though how did you end up on our couch?" Launa's words start to lag but don't make them any less scary. "Because we found you pretty much wiped out on there."