Prologue

Gianna Brinley

"Cmon G, live a little. You're turning 30 this year, you need to find someone." Heather said to me, begging for me to try this dating website.

"I'm fine by myself Heather. I don't need a guy to have happiness in my life." I told her. Which is true, I don't need no man. I'm fine on my own, I've made it in life. I love my career and I have loving friends and a supportive family. That's all I really need.

"At least try it, who knows, maybe you'll find someone on there." I rolled my eyes.

"Fine.. you're lucky that I love you." I said, pulling up the website on my laptop. She pulls a chair next to me and grabs my laptop as she helps me fill out the questionnaire.

"Okay, first question, what are you passionate about?" Heather reads out the question. I think about it before replying to her.

"My career." She types it in the box and moves on to the next question.

"What do you enjoy doing on your free time?"

"I love to read."

"That's boring G."

"Well that's the truth." I told her. She rolled her eyes and typed in a completely different answer than what I said.

"Hey, what are you doing? I didn't say that."

"You're not gonna get anyone with boring answers, so we gotta spice it up a bit." She said to me. Ugh why did I ever agree to this?

We finished the questionnaire, Heather changing some of my answers which I didn't like because what she put wasn't my self, but I didn't detest too much.

"There, now look there's a couple chat rooms that the site has generated for you to talk in." Heather shows me the screen and she clicks on a random chat room and sees someone in there as well.

"Look, someone's in here! The screen name is MattG80. Type in the chat." Heather told me.

"What am I gonna say?"

"Well, he said to all my book lovers out there, would love to talk to you (: so I guess reply with something that's related to that. My goodness, what a geek." Heather said to me. I began to think about what to say to his message, and I thought about quoting a passage from my favorite poem by Edgar Allan Poe.

I began typing..

"What did you say?" Heather asked as I hit enter. I turned the laptop to her so she could see my message.

It was many and many a year ago
In a kingdom by the sea
That a maiden there lived whom you may know...

"What's that?"

"It's one of my favorite poems written by Edgar Allan Poe."

"Well let's see if he replies." The second Heather said that, the laptop dinged signaling that there was a message. We looked at he screen and it read..

By the name of Annabel Lee.

Matthew Gray Gubler

"Gube, man you need some sugar on your arm. You're already 30 with no lady, who knows you might find someone on here." Shemar said as we sit in my trailer and I shook my head. We're currently on break from filming.

"I'm not comfortable with talking to a stranger on here, what if they turn out to be an old person?" I replied to him.

"Then that'll be one helluva story." He said to me. I sighed. I pulled up the website on my computer and Shemar helped me fill out the questionnaire.

"Cmon man, you're gonna have to put something better than that." Shemar said as I told him I like to read during my freetime.

"What? If I'm gonna join this stupid thing, I at least wanna be myself." I told him.

"You won't attract any women on here." He reminded me.

"Well, I don't wanna do this in the first place." I said to him and he rolled his eyes. We completed the questionnaire and on the screen popped up different chat rooms to talk in.

"Okay, let's go in this chat room. There's no one in here yet, but let's leave a message in the meantime." I thought about what to say.

"Type in, to all my book lovers out there would love to chat with you, and add a smiley face at the end." Shemar looked at me and shook his head, but still typed the message.

"Now we wait." He said. It took about two minutes before we heard my computer make a noise. We read the message and I smiled, knowing exactly what this person said.

"What is this? It's like gibberish." He said all confused. Of course he doesn't read literature.

"It's not gibberish, it's art." I said, astounded by the passage.

"Whatever, have fun with the old lady." He said as he leaves my trailer. I stare back at the screen and reread the message.

GBrinny7: It was many and many a year ago
In a kingdom by the sea
That a maiden there lived whom you may know...

I immediately replied back.

By the name of Annabel Lee.

Maybe this won't be too bad at all.