Is He Gonna Show Up?

Gianna Brinley

Today's the day. I've been dreading it since Nev told me that Matt agreed to meet up with us. I grabbed my phone off the bedside table, faced the camera to me and pressed the record button.

"Well, today's the day that I'm meeting Matt. Am I excited? Not in the slightest. I know usually people that were in my shoes would be happy that they're meeting their boyfriend/girlfriend on this show, but after what's been going on the past couple days, I just want this to be over. Depending how this goes, I probably will change how I feel and it could end happy for us. But on the other hand, he's hiding something and I don't like liars. So, wish me luck." I said as I stopped recording. Nev said to record my reaction before we meet him, so he has some shots of me and my side of everything before we meet Matt and get his side.

I pulled myself out of bed and head into my closet and decide what to wear.

What do I even wear for an event like this?

My thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of my phone. I walked to my bed and see that it's my job, Old Navy, calling me.

I picked up.

"Hello?"

"G, hey it's Stacey. Listen I know you're not working today, but Lauren didn't show up for your shift that she agreed to take, she called out and we're short staffed so is there any way that you can come in?" I knew not to trust Lauren.

"I can't, I'm busy today.-" She cut me off.

"Can you try and come in later today? Like around 4 or 5pm? Please, I'm desperate. People are calling out left and right and soon there's gonna be no one, but me working." She pleaded.

"I-I can't, I'm doing something around 3 and I don't know how long its gonna take. But I guess you can put me down." I sighed,

"Okay! Thank you so much G, I owe you."

"Yeah you owe me big time." I said, hanging up. I swear, they're always short staffed and who do they always call? Me. I don't know why I always give in.

I walked back to my closet and looked for an outfit.

I decided to go with this since I have to go to work right after and it'll be a hassle to come home to change

As I apply the last of my makeup, I hear my doorbell ringing. I got up and answered the door.

"Hey, you ready for today?" Nev asked and I wiggle my hand.

"Kinda, not really. I honestly just wanna get it over with."

"Hey girl! Oh my god, you look so good. Matt is gonna freak over you." Kamie said, trying to distract me and change my mood around.

"Thanks Kamie. I also have some bad news. My job called and they need me to work. I'm not flaking, I just need to be at work at either 4 or 5pm. But if its gonna take long, that's fine cause I really don't wanna go into work anyways. " I told them.

"Okay that's fine. We shouldn't take that long-" Nev looked at his watch.

"We should get going, Matt said he'll meet with us at 3 and its 2:40." He said as we all shuffled out my apartment. We head into the car and drive to wherever we're meeting him.

"Kamie, text Matt and let him know that we're on our way and where to go." He said as he hands his phone to Kamie, since she's sitting in the back with the camera.

"He said wait outside Quixote Studios in West Hollywood. I'm gonna search up the directions right now." She said. She pulled up the maps and hands Nev back his phone as he looks at it to see where to go.

As we turn right, we're here. He parked across the street, since there's a diner and parked in the parking lot.

"You ready?" Nev asked, looking at me as he shuts off the car.

"As I'll ever be." I said as I unbuckle my seatbelt.

"I'll text Matt to let him know that we're here." He said as he texted Matt before we all got out and walked across the street and wait in front of the gate.

We stood there for about a good 5 minutes.

"Anything yet?" Kamie asked and Nev shook his head.

"Where is this guy?" He said. I started getting impatient, rocking back and forth. I leaned against the light pole with my hands in my pants pockets.

"Is he gonna show up?" I asked.

"I don't know."

"Maybe we should go to the diner and get something to eat and wait there." Kamie suggested and I nodded my head. Kamie and I started walking to the crosswalk, but Nev stopped us.

"Wait the gate is opening, someones coming out." He said. We walk back to him and see the figure walking towards us.

Oh my god.