Is He Gonna Show Up? (2)

Matthew Gray Gubler

I'm stressing. Today's the day I'm meeting Gianna. What do I do? What do I say? This is nerve wracking.

I hear someone knocking on my trailor door, I stare confusingly. I got up from my couch and open the door to see who it is.

Its Shemar, Paget, Kirsten, and Aj.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked, as I moved to the side so they can all come in.

"Its the big day, we're all here to support you." Shemar said in front of them and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"You told them?" I said, and he shook his head.

"No, but you are. I know you're stressing and you're not one to tell people your business, but I think you need a women's perspective on this." Shemar told me as he left my trailor, leaving me with the girls.

Oh boy.

30 minutes later...

"Hold on, lemme clarify this for all of us.. so you met this girl online." Aj said.

"Yes." I replied.

"Have been dating/talking for 3 years now?" Paget asked.

"Yes." I said.

"You don't know how she looks and she doesn't know how you look either." Kirsten said.

"Yes."

"You pretty much know everything about her, yet you decided to lie to her about yourself so she practically doesn't know much about you." Paget said.

"..Yes."

"And yet, despite all the shit you both been through with each other, she still stayed this long." Kirsten says.

"I know, I'm just as shocked as you." I told her.

"Matthew.. you are the dumbest guy I know." Aj says as she hits the side of my head.

"If I was her, I would've left your ass long time ago." Paget intervened.

"Thanks for the support guys. I thought you were supposed to help me."

"We're giving you tough love right now." Kirsten told me.

"Matthew, why did you feel the need to lie to this girl? She seems sweet." Aj asked me. I sighed.

"In my head it made sense.. The reason was because I thought if she knew who I really was, she would be like the others and just use me for my money or my name."

"But you know that she doesn't care about that. She comes from a wealthy family, and yet she still lives a normal life working two jobs from christ sake." Paget says and I give her a stare.

"But you already knew that." She said. Kirsten places her hand over mine and caresses it.

"I know that you've made mistakes with her, but if you really do care about this girl the way you told us, I think she deserves to know the truth and that means getting off your butt and meet her today. Who knows, maybe she'll forgive your mistakes and you guys will be happy together." She says to me.

"And if she doesn't, then she wasn't the one for you. There's a lot of women out there waiting for their king to find them and sweep them off  their feet. This will be another experience for the books." Aj said to me. I hear my phone go off. I grabbed it outta my pocket and check who it was.

"They're here. She's here." I told them, getting anxious and nervous. My leg starts bouncing up and down. The girls try to calm me down.

"Alright, this is it." Paget says, standing up.

"You got this." Kirsten said as she got up too. I got up as well and head to the door, but Aj stopped me.

"Hey Matt, one last thing." She says.

"Yeah?"

"Do you love her?" She asked.

I stood at the door and thought about it. Thought about her. Our long talks that would go on for hours, even if we had work the next morning.

Our love for literature, its funny that one of her favorite books is The Narrative Of John Smith since it was used in Criminal Minds and that's her comfort show.

We have a lot of great memories over the past years even if we were just talking. Our story reminds me a lot about Spencer and Maeve, since its ironic.

I know its silly to say that I love her since we haven't met, but I do feel a real, genuine connection with her that I haven't felt in a really long time.

"I think so." I said, showing her a genuine smile.

"Then go get her." She says as she pushes me out the door.

I walk out my trailor and head to the front gate and from the outside I see three figures, one male and two females standing.

Oh my god, its her.

The gate fully opens and I walk over to them.

"Hi, Matt?" The guy asked and I nodded as we shook hands.