chapter ten

I stormed out and into the dark street outside the club. I honestly couldn't believe I had been so dumb. Of course this whole thing was just a setup. I knew it was too good to be true. Ashton was nothing like I thought he'd be. I stood on the corner, waiting for a cab. I saw one approaching, and waved it down easily, since the street was less busy than before as there were less people trying to get in the club this late.

"Jess, wait!" I heard a voice yell as the cab pulled up to the curb. I opened the door before looking over my shoulder to see Ashton jogging out after me. I spitefully flipped him the bird before climbing into the cab.

"27th street, please," I told the driver, and I watched Ashton out the window as we drove away.

******

"Jess, what the hell was that last night?" Jamie asked as I groggily trudged into the kitchen.

"What?" I asked, rubbing my eyes, most likely rubbing last nights makeup all over my face.

"We looked for you for like twenty minutes before Luke finally told us you left with Ashton?" Claire stated groggily, her blonde hair up in a very messy ponytail. She had donned some athletic shorts and an old high school T-shirt sometime between the club and now, and she looked hungover as hell.

"Um, no, I didn't leave with him," I said, rolling my eyes. Like I'd go anywhere with that asshole.

"Did something happen?" West asked from the living room, his voice giving off a sort of concerned tone.

"No," I lied, gritting my teeth. I couldn't compromise this chance at success by letting them know how shitty Ashton had been. Besides, the rest of 5SOS was great. I liked them.

"What about Luke?" Jamie asks, sounding pissed.

"No, nothing happened!" I burst, slamming my fists on the table. I eyed Jamie angrily, for a few moments, of really get my point across. "What,so you guys think I'm some whore who would just sleep around all willy nilly?" I thought back to being called a prostitute last night, and I felt disgusted. Is this really how everyone saw me? A sex machine? Before anyone could answer I calmly stalked back to my room.

When I arrived, my phone was buzzing on my nightstand. I picked it up and glanced at it, seeing a text from Luke.

(536)620-1684: hey it's luke

I quickly unlocked my phone, and entered Luke as a contact before reading the other messages.

Luke: hey Jess wtf happened last night

Luke: Ashton's super pissed dude what happened

Luke: call me!!! Ashton just told me what happened I can explain

I sighed, before picking up my phone and calling Luke. There had better be a good explanation. The phone rang three times before a very tired Luke picked up. "Hello?" he said, his morning voice a full octave lower than his regular voice.

"Explain," I demanded. I heard a yawn on his end.

"About Ashton?" he asked.

I nodded, before realizing he couldn't see me. "Yeah."

"Okay so that blonde? Her name is Holly. Our management wants Ash to kind of date her, but it's just for publicity. Ash fucking hates her." There was a pause. "He's crazy about you though. He won't shut up about how excited he is for this tour."

"Why couldn't Ashton tell me this?" I asked, blushing a little from his last comment.

"You didn't give him the chance," Luke answered matter-of-factly. I mentally hit myself for being so strong willed.

"Does he have my number?" I asked.

"Did you give it to him?"

"No, will you?"

Luke sighed. "Yeah I guess. Did anything else happen last night?"

I paused, and looked down at the bruise on my arm, deciding it wasn't important.

"No," I said.

"You hesitated."

"I was thinking through last night," I stated, yawning. "I just kissed him and then was accused of being a prostitute."

"WAIT WAIT WAIT!" Luke yelled, and I flinched, bringing the phone away from my ear. "You guys actually kissed?"

"Yeah he didn't tell you?"

"Ashton never kisses girls all willy nilly. He must like you more than I thought."

I blushed, rolling my eyes in disbelief. No way Ashton Irwin liked me that much

Hey loves sorry busy af with softball and show choir I'll try to update more ily!!!