chapter eleven

a few months later
"Jess come on!" West yelled from outside my grubby window. "We're gonna be late!"

It was finally time for the tour. As per usual, I was running incredibly late and I wasn't done packing by the time we had to leave. 5SOS had been kind enough to give us our own tour bus, since we were only opening for the American leg of the tour anyway and it would be way easier than driving across the country in our shitty van. I frantically threw my final few items in the bag, zipping it up with one hand while grabbing my shoes with the other. I slung the bag over my shoulder and sprinted out of the apartment, locking the door behind me. I ran outside in my socks, as the rest of the band yelled angrily for me to hurry up. I hopped onto the open bus doors, and chucked my bag onto my bunk. It was just the four of us on the bus besides the driver, so the bus was relatively small.

"We're already late, I'm heading out," the driver declared, closing the doors and pulling out of our sketchy parking lot.

"You locked the door, right Jess?" Jamie asked, from his bunk, already settled in.

"I'm not that dumb," I answered, climbing into my bed and pulling out my phone.

new message from ash

I unlocked my phone, opening my messages app immediately. Ashton and I hadn't talked much since the night at the club, but things were getting better. I had talked to Luke mostly nonstop, but I loved the kid to death and hadn't gotten annoyed by him yet.

ash: did you guys leave yet?

me: yeah just pulled out, we'll be late

ash: can't wait to see you

I sighed. Ashton and I had sort of made up, but he still pulled shit like this. I was almost 99% sure he was a fuckboy, unlike the sweetie that is Luke.

me: yea lol ok

ash: we just pulled up to the hotel,see you guys in the AM?

me: hopefully if I didn't make us too late

It was already getting dark, and it was a six hour drive to our hotel at the city we were playing at. I was exhausted, and turned my phone off before collapsing completely and drifting off to sleep.

****************
"Jess!" A loud voice yelled, abruptly waking me from the best sleep I'd had in days.

"What?" I groaned, stretching.

A hand reached in and pulled back my curtain, revealing Ashton smiling into my bunk. "You made it!"

"Shut up," I groaned, rolling over and shoving my head back into my pillow.

I felt a large hand grasp my shoulder, and another on my leg, and suddenly Ashton was pulling me out of my bunk. I didn't even try to fight him, because I knew it would be no help. He lifted me onto my feet and stood me up, giggling. I was not happy. After any amount of sleep, I always end up looking like a demon straight out of hell, so I was sure that my appearance was horrible.

"You look like shit," Ashton mumbled, giggling.

"This is what you fucking get for dragging me out of bed," I muttered, pulling my ratty hair into a messy bun. And not a cute messy bun, either. Like a bun that is literally falling apart into a ponytail.

"Come on, lets go explore!" Ashton begged, giving me puppy dog eyes,

"Fuck off," I said, as I began to walk off to the bathroom.

"Be ready in twenty minutes," he demanded, "because I'm taking you out no matter what you look like."

I turned back around to him and sighed, rubbing my eyes. "Ashton, if we go out anywhere in this city, you are going to get mobbed."

"Good point."

"Let's just chill at the hotel," I suggested, heading back to the bathroom. I heard him leave the bus as I opened the door to our minuscule bathroom. I quickly removed my retainer, washed my face, and put eyeliner and mascara on so I wouldn't look like a dead man. I went to my bunk to change, and threw a pair of black jeans on and a white tshirt. I kept my hair in the bun, and tried finger combing it as I carried my stuff out of the bus. Everyone else was already in the hotel, but my band left me in my bunk because they knew better than to wake me up. I texted West for the room number, and quickly made my way up to the room. Upon reaching it, I knocked loudly before the door was flung open.

"Good morning, beautiful!" Claire exclaimed, pulling me into the room. It was a decent size, and I set my stuff on the bed with Claire's stuff, before laying back down and falling back asleep.

WOW LOL THIS SUCKS but I have horrible writers block sorry I'll try harder I just wanted to finally update cb people actually read this I think anyway love you