chapter four

AN- we finally meet 5sos you're welcome stick with me alright ilysm

"The worst part about airports is all the fucking waiting," Jamie grumbled next to me. We had managed to make it to the airport on time, thanks to West's reckless driving. We almost hit two cars and a bus. We were waiting for our flight to board, and it was supposed to have left fifteen minutes ago.

"At least this time we didn't have trouble with the instruments!" Claire said, trying to lighten the mood. I nodded in agreement. That is always the worst, when the airport won't let us fly out our instruments. But thankfully 5SOS's managers had sent us some instrument passes with the tickets they gave us so everything was all set. Now if we could only get on our plane.

"That sucked ass," West remarked. "That gig ended up sucking, too."

"Wasn't that the one where you broke your drums?" Jamie asked with a laugh.

"Shut up!" West told him, laughing. "I guess I just rock too hard," he said, running his fingers through his hair, something he does when he's embarrassed.

"Now boarding, flight 803," a voice spoke over the loudspeaker.

"That's us!" Claire exclaimed, grabbing her bag and motioning for us to get up.

"First class, please line up to board the plane," an attendant announced. We walked to the line, kind of proudly. 5SOS's people had us in first class, and it felt good. We felt important. We handed her our tickets and she scanned them, then let us all on.

"God this feels amazing," Jamie whispered to me as we walked down the little hallway to get in the plane.

"I know, right?" I whispered excitedly. "I've never flown first class before."

"Welcome to the good life, baby," he said with a grin. I smiled, pretending to bask in the sun. He laughed, rolling his eyes. We were such idiots together. Claire and West were chatting in front of us, so close their shoulders were almost touching. They looked like a couple, if you were just a passerby. It was obvious West had a little crush on her too, not that he would ever admit it.

I nudged Jamie and pointed at the two of them. He giggled and made a heart with his hands. I nodded, trying not to laugh. They were pretty cute together.

We reached the plane and an attendant guided us to our seats. Claire and Jamie were sitting together near the back. I was assigned to sit next to West, more towards the front. As he sat down I decided to let him and Claire have a little moment.

"West, I'm going to go sit with Jamie to go over his bass part a little more, alright?"

West winked. "You two crazy kids have fun."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah right. I'll send Claire up."

I walked to the back, where Claire and Jamie were talking about nothing in particular.

"Hey Claire," I interrupted as I reached their seats. "Could you go sit by West for me? I need to go over some things with Jamie."

Jamie shot me a confused look that I chose to ignore. "Yeah sure!" Claire responded eagerly. "Have a nice flight" she told us as she got up and walked to her new seat. I happily sat down next to Jamie, proud of myself. I shoved my backpack between my legs for the flight.

"What do we have to go over?" Jamie asked, obviously still confused.

"You idiot," I groaned, laughing. "I'm letting them sit together for the flight!"

"What a little matchmaker," he laughed. "Maybe you should quit music and be one of those instead."

"I know!" I joked, getting a smile out of him. "I'm just so damn good at it. At their wedding, they'll only have me to thank."