Sick

Trigger warnings:
Common cold

Word count: 1050

Corpse's POV
It was nice having someone as respectful as Sykkuno. He even suggested to turn around to let me eat in peace! That made me like him even more. I've realized I like him since yesterday but we just met. He couldn't like me back. I'm the quiet freak no one talks to. Why would anyone even be friends with me?

" Are you done Cropse? " A familiar voice asked getting myself back to reality. " Yeah. " I told him as I put on my mask. He turned around and we both put our plates in the dishwasher. " We should probably go to school soon. " He continued as we walked to our room.

I nodded in agreement and he went into our bedroom but shut the door in my face. " What the fuck is he doing? " I thought to myself. " Sorry I'm gonna change! " He yelled from inside the room. I guess that was a valid reason so I sat against the door and waited for him to finish so I could get my stuff.

1 hour later
I looked at my phone once again and noticed it had been an hour. " Hey are you done yet? " I shouted from outside of the room. No answer. " Sykkuno? " I yelled with a bit of concern in my voice but again no response. I carefully opened the door and found him sitting on my bed looking down on the floor.

" Hey you okay? " I carefully asked as I sat beside him and rested my hand on his shoulder in an attempt of comfort. " I-I'm fine. " He told me but I could clearly hear the fakeness in his voice. " I know you're lying. " I told him with a sturn tone.

He looked at me suprised but stayed quiet. I decided to put my hand on his forehead just to make sure he wasn't sick and it was burning hot. " Holy shit you're sick! " I said. " No I'm fine. " He reassured me. " No you're not fine and you'll stay home for the day! " I told him with an intimidating voice.

It would be to much trouble to carry him to his own bed so I just picked him up and later him in my bed. He seemed calmer and grateful. " I still have to go to school but I'll bring back some food from the cafeteria okay? " I asked him with concern clearly in my voice.

He nodded and I started to walk towards the door. Just as I was closing the door I managed to get a glimpse of him snuggling into my pillow. " How cute. " I thought to myself and my face turned red like a tomato. I locked the door and headed my way to school.

In PE class
One of the boys opened the door and we all walked out and into the gymnasium. The girls were already there and spreader our across the whole room. Toast quickly rushed over to Ray but I kept to myself. They looked a bit concerned and confused so I decided to go up to them.

Their eyes caught me just as I started to walk towards them and they gave me a friendly wave. I sat down next to them and listened to them. " Hey Cropse Do you know where Sykkuno is? " Rae asked a bit concerned. I nodded in agreement. Her eyes lit up.

" Really where is he?! " Toast asked excitedly. I did a gesture of a cough and they imediately understood he was sick. " Oh I hope he's alright! " She said worryingly. I nodded in agreement and I continued to listen to their chat. People were staring at us. Probably because they were hanging out with the loner freak.

But they somehow didn't seem to care. It felt good to have some friends by my side. I remembered that I didn't have any sleeping pills left so I quickly took my phone out and texted my mom. " Mom you gave me a empty pill container! " I texted her. Her writing bubble popped up and I soon got a reply. " I'm so sorry sweetie I'll come with a box filled with them as fast as I can! 💕 " She texted me back. I felt relieved and put my phone back in my pocket.

15 minutes later
A teacher came up to our table. " Your mother is waiting for you at the reception. " He told me. I nodded and started to walk towards the receptionist while ignoring the concerned and confused looks from my friends. I saw my mother and gave her a friendly wave and she gave me one back.

" Here you go sweetie! " She said as she handed over the box. I nodded in Thank fullness and waved her goodbye before I quickly put the pills in my backpack. I headed my way back to my friends who were still waiting for me in the cafeteria and listened to their conversations.

After school
I headed to the closest grocery store and went inside. They're wasn't many people in the store and that made me a bit more relaxed since then it wouldn't take as long to check out. I gazed across the medicine aisle and noticed they sold sleeping pills. I grabbed two containers and continued to gaze for the medicine Sykkuno needed.

I eventually found them and placed them in my bag. " Corpse? " A familiar voice asked. I quickly turned around and found Rae standing behind me while the worker was scanning my pills. I friendly waved at her but she didn't wave back. Instead she looked scared and shocked at me and my pills.

" Did she think I was gonna kill someone? " I thought to myself in concern. I pointed at my pills and she nodded as in she wanted to see them. I sighed and gave her them. She gazed across the labels and gave me a a concerned look after she had looked at my insomnia pills. I rubbed my neck in awkwardness and took my pills back. I waved goodbye and quickly went out of there. " Shit what was she gonna think of me now? Was I more of a freak now then before? " I thought to myself worriedly.

Tadaaaaa!!! Fourth chapter done now! Have a good day/evening/night!