Chapter 12

People never know what they are going to do in a certain situation until it happens. You know, like when there is a car accident. Youl would think that you'd go and rescue the injured people if the car is going to explode. Yet, you stand there in fear. Maybe you are the one holding a cell phone calling the police. Maybe you are not. You can't say you know exactly what you will do.

I stand here not knowing what to do.

I'm scared.

I see Tanner pummeling into Jason. Jason is an amazing fighter and he can handle the fight. However, he's not fighting back. He just lets Tanner hit him.

"What the hell are you doing Jason?" I scream over the crowd's comments and screams. "DO SOMETHING!"

I pull out my phone, my thumb hovering over the dial pad. I will call 911 if need be.

"JASON CARTER!" I push myself to the front, in direct line of sight of him. I notice I use a bit too much strength belatedly.

I find myself in between the two of them.

This seems to wake Jason out of his stupid trance.

His lightning fast reflexes immediately kick in as he gets in front of me to protect me. Tanner lands a solid punch to his jaw, knocking him down to the floor.

"What the hell are you doing?" Jason yells as he rubs his jaw and winces.

I look to Tanner, who is finally being restrained by a couple guys. He still looks furious, but less steamy than before.

I stick a hand out to Jason, who grabs it to get up.

"Here, let's get to your kitchen." I drag him away; everyone parts to make room as they stare at us.

"What were you thinking? Why would you get in between us?" Jason begins but he stops as his nose begins to bleed a bit.

"Yo. People, get out." I tell everyone in the kitchen. Of course, they all shoot me dirty looks before continuing what they are doing.

"You heard her." Jason says while holding the bridge of his nose.

They all scurry out like frightened mice.

That was effective. I throw him a bag of peas, "put that on...all your face." I grimace at his messy face.

"And here," I reach and grab Kleenex for him. "By the way, you said you wouldn't fight, but I didn't think you would be stupid and not actually fight when someone was beating you up."

He shrugs.

"Why am I always taking care of you?" I sigh.

"You're not always taking care of me," he scowls.

"Right," i roll my eyes. "Just be glad I didn't jump in the fight for you."

"Uh...you did." He points out.

"That wasn't what I was trying to do." I sigh and press the bag of corn in my hand tighter to his body.

"You..." I pause as my attention goes to the door. "Guess you have company."

A bunch of girls are discreetly staring inside the kitchen. They are trying to look casual, but it's not working.

Jason turns his head to look at them. "I'm in the middle of something. You mind?" He says rudely.

"Wow, that was harsh." I blink in surprise. "What happened to the flirty little stuff you do to charm your way into their panties?"

"Ugh," he groans. "I don't want to hear that from you!"

"What?" I smile teasingly.

"No, just stop." He shakes his head before throwing an apple at me.

"Fine," I roll my eyes. "Okay, I'm going to go check up on Tanner and Ryan."

"You should give them time." Jason motions for me to stop.

"Why?" I pause.

"You know why..." He trails off.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"I'll just go back to sleep in my dorms. See you later bro." I wave farewell before leaving him.

As soon as I exit, I get a bit chilly. Looking around, I frown temporarily. Where did I park? I think I came from the left. Walking down the path, I start remembering why I didn't like USC. It's not the greatest neighborhood.

I pick up my pace as I rush toward semi-familiar places. I glance every couple seconds to make sure there isn't any shady looking people around.

That's when I hear the sound of glass shattering. I jump in fright at the sound. Searching through the darkness, I squint my eyes for the culprit. I glance ahead and see a figure running away.

I'm tempted to run after him or her. Who knows? He or she could just be someone jogging at night for fun. Of course, this does not calm my jitters down one bit. I press my car alarm out of impulse, mostly to search for my dang car. As luck would have it, it's right down the street, where I last saw that figure run.

By now, I'm miserable and want to go to sleep. Entering my car, I sigh and recline into my seat. I hate drama. If I fail my test tomorrow, I'm so blaming it on all of them.

Rubbing my eyes, I put my keys in ignition and head back home.

------------------
Late update I know ._.

Sorry!

I'm going to start updating regularly again.

...hopefully

Thanks to those who have not given up hahaa