Siblings are the best.

I check the room number on the door once more. Yes, they match.

"Who are you?" I glance at him. He looks older, maybe a junior or senior here?

"Emmalyn?" He glances up from his phone and flashes his pearly whites. I'm a sucker for dimples, and this guy just happens to have two. I must have a type that I find attractive since this guy has toned body of an athlete, tanned skin, and brooding blue eyes. Am I drooling? Perhaps it may be because he slightly looks like Alex. I'm only human, and he is one fine specimen. Why do all the wrong guys have dimples? Perhaps it is just me.

I am admiring, just admiring. I have Alex, and it's been going great for around three years and counting. Three whole years, which scares and warms me. Ah, Alex...

Now why is there a random dude in my room? Okay, he's a rather attractive dude but I'm just stating the obvious. If he makes any sudden advances towards me, I will karate chop him. However, I have learned from past experiences that violence is not the answer. I shall wait and see what his intentions are.

I assume I still have my strange look for he introduces himself. "I'm Tanner." He sticks out his toned arm, I mean hand. So far, he seems rather nice.

"Hi," I smile and shake his hand. "Not to be rude, but why are you here?"

"Oh, I'm a friend of Ryan," he adds, which relaxes me some. "We grew up together."

"Nice." I nod. "Where are you from?"

"A small town you probably never heard of," he shrugs. "It's in Rhode Island. Very nice, but also very secluded."

"Oh well are you and Ryan childhood friends?" I ask. He never labeled them as a couple.

"I guess you can call it that," he shrugs. "Are you-"

I never hear the end of the question before my lovely brother comes crashing into the room with with the grace of an elephant. I cringe ever so slightly as he drops my baggage carelessly on the ground. The resounding thunk worries me.

"Hey Sunny-" This time I'm the one interrupted as he seems to recognize Tanner.

"Hey!" They do their handshake that bros usually do. "How have you been Tanner?" Ah, they know each other. And here I was thinking Sunny would go all protective brother on me.

"Dude you missed the party we had last night," Tanner shakes his head sadly. "Everyone missed you." I see a shift in personality as Tanner continues to chat with Sunny. Perhaps I'm just imagining it, but he seems cockier. Well, I'll just unpack everything while they continue to forget about me.

I glance around my room; it's not as big as I liked but it isn't a tiny, cramped space. I choose to take the lower bunk bed which has more room height-wise compared to the top bunks.

I begin to rummage through my luggage and frown as I realize I overpacked. It's better to overpack than under-pack but it's going to be a pain trying organize everything.

I glance back at the guys when I hear the mention of my name.

"Yeah she's my little sister," Sunny nods in my direction.

"Oh, she's your sister," Tanner glances at me. He chuckles and says to me, "this guy has been so excited for your move here."

"That's bullshit." Sunny punches Tanner's bicep. "I wasn't that excited."

"Yeah, sure you weren't," he smirks, his clear blue eyes sparkle with mischief.

"So when is Ryan coming?" I ask. I want to meet her. From our texts, she seems like a funny person.

"I actually have to go pick her parents and her up right now from the airport," he glances at his watch. "It was nice meeting the younger sister of this guy here." He laughs to a private joke and leaves after saying goodbye.

Oh snap, the guy works out.

"You did not just check out my best friend's ass in front of me." Sunny raises an eyebrow at me.

"Hell no, what are you talking about?" I scoff at his accusatory tone.

"Right," he continues to look at me.

"I've got Alex," I stare right back. Speaking of Alex, he's supposed to come visit soon. I forget about Tanner completely as Alex comes into my mind. I have to get everything cleaned up before he comes.

"Wait, how do I look?"

"You look fine." Sunny is ever so helpful.

"Just fine?" I take out the body length mirror and put it on the door. My roommates all had the stuff they needed to bring to share so I brought a mirror and a microwave.

"My hair is a mess! You call this fine?" I glare at him.

"It looks fine to me?" He backs away cautiously.

"He's coming here soon," I stress.

"He's seen you in sweats and no makeup, and he hasn't ran away yet. I give the guy props." Sunny jokes, but rolls his eyes. I'm sure he's probably thinking how he's never going to fully accept I'm dating someone three years older who was also his nemesis.

"He's coming here?" Sunny goes to a more neutral topic.

"Yes!" I huff. "Help me clean up the place!"

"Yes sir!" He salutes and continues to carry the rest of my boxes in.

I rest on my bed and grab a bag of chips as Sunny unpacks everything and organizes the room.

"Hey!" He spots me eating. I pause mid-chew. "Share!"

"Oh alright," I sigh and give him some. Then, I continue sitting on my bed while he does the rest of my cleaning. I'll just finish the rest of my food. He's a strong guy; I'm sure he can handle everything.

"What are you doing?" He frowns.

"I'm putting my bed sheets on," I give him a thumbs up.

"Right." He shakes his head, but doesn't stop helping me.

Siblings are the best.

-----

A/n

Austin Butler as Tanner (;

Comment for any ideas/opinions/whatever you want (:

Criticism!!!

Vote only if you liked!

And who here is applying for college? Just me? Darn. College season is here and it's so darn stressful :| I'll try my best to update more but I'm doing an early decision college and the app is due in a week! GAH! Haha anyone who is applying to college: good luck and I hope for the best for you guys!!<3