ch.9 Melanie

Melanie's POV

***

"Melanie are you dumb?"

I looked in the mirror as I continued to do my makeup and ask very painfully obvious questions to myself.

"Not only are you going on a date with someone who damn near kidnapped you but also one of your brother's close friends!" I ranted to myself as I put the finishing touches of my makeup look. I was going to call some of my friends but majority of them are either in relationships and they wouldn't get my frustrations while the others will think it's about time I live a little.

I snorted, oh I'm going to live a little when my brother finds out about this. I shook my head and started thinking about the pros of me going on this date. Only two things come to mind: free food and I get some good pictures for Instagram.

I groaned as I walked into my closet and looked through my clothes. I almost wanted to cry when I seen the outfit I wanted to wear just happened to be an all white dress. I sighed and did the only thing I could think of.

"MOM!"

There was a rushing a footsteps and I knew right then and there I should have just sent her a text. My door slammed open and one by one my family members crashed into my room all in fighting poses, all expect Aaron. He held a pillow up in front of him eyes still have closed.

"Melanie why you yell like that girl?" My dad questioned after they all did a quick scan of me and my room and seen that I wasn't in any harm and nobody was in here. "I needed mom not you guys." I said already in the middle of pushing them out of my room.

They all started to protest expect for Aaron who had long since walked away most likely to finish his nap. Once my door was shut I turned to my mom who was looking at the clothes thrown on my bed.

"So hot date?" She questioned and I just nodded and looked back at the dress I wanted to wear. "Wait you for real?" I rolled my eyes damn I look like I can't get a date or something?

Then she started giggling and jumping around and I couldn't help but join her because well this was my first ever date and I was excited. "It's that Sebastian boy isn't it?" I didn't even question how she knew because my mom knows everything.

"Yes and I'm stressing for a couple of reasons." I said pouting and crossing my arms over my chest. I looked at my mom as she laughed then brought me into a hug. I instantly relaxed my body in her arms and already felt better.

"Honey there is nothing for you to worry about especially if it's about your brother. I know Sebastian is a good guy from what I've seen and how Aaron talks about him." She then pulled me arms length so she can look into my eyes. "But if he's some undercover slime ball just give me a call and I'm headed your way." I laughed even though I knew it wasn't a joke.

"I know mom but the real reason I called you is so you can help me into this dress and not ruin my makeup." I pointed to the white dress and she nodded her head in approval.

"Come on big head let's make you pretty."

"Why must my own mother say something like this to me?" I rolled my eyes when she shrugged.

"Sorry honey you got your dad's big ass head but I still love you." She smile at me and I gave her a sarcastic smile back cause she really didn't have to say that. "Okay let's get you dressed when is he getting here?" She questioned as I stepped out of my pajamas and towards the dress she held open for me to put over my head. With a quick glance at my clock and almost threw up.

"He'll be here in 30 minutes! I didn't even finish my hair!" I quickly but made sure not to get my makeup on the dress and got the dress on before taking off my bonnet and fixing the wig I had on my head. Turning my flat iron on I was just going to make it as bone straight as I could and then be done with that.

"Melanie calm down I've seen you lay a wig down in 10 minutes but if he comes early he still has to talk to the family real quick." Although I felt like that wasn't necessary my family was very big on this and I could understand why. They just wanted to know who I was going out with and where they wouldn't ask any more questions well hopefully they don't ask anymore questions.

"I know mom but know the nerves are kicking in and I feel like I'm going to throw up and need a stress nap." I stressed continuing to do my hair as I watched my mom in the mirror put away my clothes back in their places.

"You'll be fine." She assured me, "You're going to have to take your pictures for Instagram and get free food out of it." I laughed because I knew my pros were pretty good. "Just make sure you bring your own money or card just incase you never know and don't want to be caught off-guard." I nodded my head cause I was going to do that anyways. You just never know and better safe than sorry.

Once I finished my hair I heard the doorbell ring and felt my heart fall to my toes. "Mom just tell me I'm sick and can't go on the date." I pleaded because these nerves were not cute and I actually felt sick.

"Melanie you're going to be fine, you're my daughter so I know you got this in the bag." She smiled at me then rushed downstairs. I took a few deep breathes put my shoes on and grabbed my bag before heading downstairs. "Melanie you got this!" I said to myself.

"What do you mean a date?"

Oh no.

***

Melanie's Brothers

Jacob (oldest 24)

Aaron (22) Tyrone and Tyrell (20 fraternal twins)