Ch.3 Melanie

Melanie POV

***

You ever just wake up and know your day is going to be a bad one?

Well that's how I feel right now and I wouldn't be feeling like that if some weirdo guy didn't interrupt me from getting my snacks. It really do be the good looking guys who want to be the crazy ones.

I groaned before getting up I was definitely going to call my mom later and tell her about this. While brushing my teeth and scrolling through Instagram I saw all my high school friends living it up while I sit at home getting terrorized by crazies. Double tapping a few pictures I looked at myself in the mirror. Might just do my makeup today just so I don't feel like a zombie.

I was just about to lay back down and spend hours on TicTok when the doorbell rang. Groaning I made my way downstairs and quickly took off my bonnet throwing it somewhere behind me before I opened the door.

"Hi we just moved in across the street from you and just wanted to stop by and meet some of our neighbors." A smiley couple stood in front of me and it almost made me want to gag cause why are y'all so happy this early in the morning.

"It's very nice to meet you guys." I said holding out my hand for them to shake. The women took my hand first. "I'm Melanie." I introduced myself quickly when I noticed the woman was just going to keep shaking my hand and not say anything.

She had a weird look in her eyes that kinda made me uncomfortable. "Sorry she's just excited and forgets her words sometimes." The man said taking my hand from hers. "I'm Talon and this is Valery." The woman, shook her head at hearing her name. "I'm so sorry! It's just feels like I know you from somewhere." She said quickly and I nodded my head accepting her answer.

"Nice meeting you guys I hope you enjoy what are small town has to offer you." I smiled kindly hoping they got the hint to leave without me being rude. The seemed to get the hint and said there goodbyes before making it towards the house next to ours.

"Strange but, lovely couple." I said after I closed the door and locked it. Might as well get me something to eat since I couldn't stuff my face with snacks last night. As famous words from Dwight Schrute, "Will I get over it? No. But life goes on."

Putting together a bagel and strawberry cream cheese I decided I better call my parents and see how they are doing. While waiting for the Facetime call I made myself another bagel not long after the faces of my parents had entered the screen.

"Girl what the hell wrong with your hair?" I rolled my eyes before smiling at the camera. "Well hello to you too father. I'm doing well and you?"

"Don't mind your dad honey but you could've ran a brush through you hair making it look like nobody loves you." My mom said and I scrunched up my face. I called to check on them not get judged on my looks which I got from the both of them.

"Anyways dear parents just wanted to let you know I almost died yesterday." I said taking the last bite of my second bagel, man that was some good stuff.

"Excuse me!?"

I waved them off, "As you both can see I'm fine just wanted you to know." Maybe I shouldn't have told them. "Baby pack your things and call my sons we got somebody to kill." I rolled my eyes as I saw my dad began to run around like a chicken with his head cut off.

"You're alright? How's your mental? Should we get you a therapist?" My mom began to fire off questions and I sighed. Definitely shouldn't have told them.

"Mom I promise I'm fine I managed to pepper spray the guy before anything got too out of hand. You didn't raise a weak little girl who just gives up." I said smiling at my mom.

She sighed before yelling at my dad and telling him to stop calling my brothers. I rolled my eyes so hard I'm sure they would have fallen out of my head. Couldn't wait to hear the lecture my brothers were going to give me when they came to visit.

"Well I'm glad you're safe and you told us. I wouldn't know what I would do without my babygirl." I smiled extra big at my dad. "Get that silly look of ya' face girl." He said trying to act like he wasn't about to go to war for me.

"I just was calling to let you guys see this beautiful face of mine." I move the camera real close to my face and crossed my eyes. My parents laughed and said they love me.

"And Mel please do something with your hair." My mom said quickly before hanging up the phone before I could say anything. My hair is just fine they was just being some haters.

I was home alone for another week so the only thing I could do was blast music while doing my makeup. Going to my room I turned on my music before getting my pretend YouTube video started.

"Alright today you guys we are going to do something subtle but, still with a pop of color." I said in an overly animated voice. Dancing to the music I began my makeup tutorial to all my pretend followers I liked how the look was turning out so far.

"Baby i'm turning heads with this look."It was a pretty basic look but, I felt like the baddest bitch around. I brushed my hair out and took a few pictures before posting them on Instagram. Still dancing to music life was great for me, until I heard the door bell ring.

Walking downstairs I peeked through the peephole only to find the handsome stranger standing there

"Umm is anybody home?" I heard him question and while backing away from the door I was getting ready to call the police when my phone rang scary me.

"Hello." I whispered still backing away. "Hey Mel why are you whispering?" Aaron questioned, he was only a few years older than me and I was just about to reply when the stranger started knocking on the door. "Anyways my friend Sebastian is coming over in a few he should beat me there." He said and I wanted to scream at him that his so called friend  tried kidnapping his baby sister.

"Is he a real big white guy with like a million tattoos?" I questioned hoping my brother would say no so I could hang up and call the police. He laughed, "Yeah that's Sebastian alright. Look just let him in I'll be there in a few minutes."

"I didn't even know you were coming back home so soon." I said slowing moving back to the door. "Dad had called me and told me to check up on your and he sounded pretty frantic but, I was already meeting up with Sebastian so why not kill two birds with one stone." I could just picture him shrugging. Rolling my eyes I hung up on him before walking to the door and opening it.

The guy, Sebastian looked up from his phone with a frown on his face before his eyes went wide and he smiled so big I thought he face would split in two. He came towards me and I did the best thing I could think of at the time.

Kneed him in the balls.

I just knew today was going to be a bad day.

***

*Edited*

This story is going to be TOTALLY different so some older comments might not make sense don't pay attention to those :) The funniest thing was watching you guys try and figure out if I really ended this book after two chapters and learning that some of you don't know what sarcasm is.