15|Lunch Time

*Isabella's POV*

"Here, take the keys to my car and change back. I'll come in 5 minutes." Miles said as he handed me his car keys.

I took it and rushed to the car to get dressed.

I took off the shirt, pulled the dress down from my head then took off the sweatpants. And I did all of that in 3 minutes. I patted myself on the back.

As promised, Miles returned in 5 minutes. He got into the driver's seat then pulled off his shirt. I quickly turned away. Why did he always do that without warning.

"Relax I'm only taking off my sweaty shirt. You can look now." he said assuring me.

When I looked back at him he had on a plain black shirt.

"So where are we heading to now?" I asked.

"We are heading to The Spot." he said as he reversed out of the parking space.

A bit surprised I stared at him. Miles said that he wanted to keep our friendship a secret for now but eating together at The Spot would be the complete opposite of what he wanted. Nonetheless, I stayed quiet because I was hungry.

The ride was shorter than I thought it would be. We reached in about 10 minutes.

Miles and I walked in, sat at a booth then waited for our waiter.

I watched as Miles studied the menu to see how many calories each meal had. I had already knew that all I wanted was a cheeseburger. Seeing Miles diligently read scan through the menu put a small smile on my face. The image of Miles coaching the children replayed back in my mind creating a bigger smile on my face. It was attractive.

"So now you're both smiling and staring."

He placed his menu on the table.

Feeling embarrassed again that he caught me for a hundredth time I stopped smiling and looked away. I opened my mouth to reply by no words were formed.

"Hi, what can I get you guys today?" a brunette that looked around the same age as us asked. She held a note book and pen with a welcoming smile.

"Just a cheeseburger and water for me." I said and she nodded while scribbling down my order.

She then turned her gaze to Miles.

"I'll have the 10 piece piece nuggets, two fries, one burrito, one cheese burger and a regular burger with a salad and water." he said calmly.

Both the waitress and I looked at him in astonishment.

"Are you going to remember all of that? I didn't see you write it down." Miles asked seriously.

"Uh no. Can you repeat?" she asked looking terrified at Miles.

Miles looked at her and sighed in annoyance. "Let me write it myself." he said as he took the book and pen from her.

He wrote down his order then the waitress rushed to the back.

"What?" he asked me while smiling.

"I thought you were watching your calories." I asked trying not to sound judgmental.

He took off his book then started reading it.

"I'm going to burn it all up when I hit the gym so it doesn't matter." he explained.

I nodded my head changed the subject.

"You really love teaching those kids don't you."

"I told you already I'm just helping coach out." he said as he tried to hold in his smile.

"Lies! I saw that smile on your face this morning. I could see that light back in your eyes. It was that same smile you had when we watched that movie. Why don't you smile like that more often?" I asked eager for his response.

His smile was now gone. I had just triggered something for him. That something was keeping him from happiness.

I was about to rest my hand on his to show that I was here but I remembered we were in public and news travels fast. I stretched out my fingers so they could touch the tip of his fingernails then he looked up at me.

"You're okay." I whispered to him then returned my hands to my laps. I may not know what Miles is going through but I do know that I can comfort him.

His eyes slowly moved from my hand to my eyes. We looked intimately at each other for a bit. He opened his mouth to say something but before he could the waitress came back with our food.

She placed my burger in front of me and two burgers in front of Miles.

"I'll be right back." she said turning around to get the rest of his order.

She brought them and Miles and I began to eat. I finished first and watched as Miles devoured his meal. He ate like he hadn't had a meal in days.

A random laugh squirmed it's way out of my mouth. Miles immediately stopped eating and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What?"

"Nothing." I said trying to laugh again.

"You said I would get to know you better and so far I haven't really learnt much." I said trying to lightening the mood.

"Ask away." he said continuing on with his meal.

There was so much I wanted to ask him; starting with why I couldn't tell Tessa we were friends but the subject clearly made him upset so I didn't want to ruin the mood.

"Who is the real Miles? I keep seeing different versions of you every week." I said being pretty straightforward.

I watched as he placed the burger he was about to take a bite of on his plate. He bit his bottom lip and stared at his plate. It looked like he was thinking of something to say.

"Well if I'm being honest, I don't know." he shrugged. I waited for him to continue his on but he never did.

Saving him I asked another question to change the topic.

"Can you do anything else other than football?" I asked.

For that one he knew the answers from the top of his head.

"I play the electric guitar and I can cook." he said.

I almost chocked on my water when he mentioned the last one.

"What?" he asked looking confused.

I shook my head as I remembered him making burnt waffles in the frying pan.

"What about you?" he asked.

I thought for a second. My life was boring. Tessa and Miles were the only exciting things going on in my life right now other than reading books. I frown a little since I couldn't come up with an answer.

"It's okay." he said before wiping his mouth with a napkin.