27|Our Spot

*Isabella's POV*

I laid on my bed watching as my ceiling fan rotated over and over. I barely got any sleep last night and when I woke up I felt a knot in my stomach. I felt guilty about the way I ended things with Miles. He was only trying to apologize and work things out but of course I cut him off.

I'm not even sure how he felt about it because I left in a hurry. I needed to see him and I needed to apologize.

I was way too full of pride to go and apologize so I looked around to see if he left anything so I could return it. I found something then headed to the bus stop.

...

I rang the door bell and waiting to be greeted. I was expecting Mr. or Mrs. Norman to open the door but it was Miles. His eyes widened when he saw me.

"Isabella, what are you doing here?"

"I came to return this." I said holding up a ball point blue inked pen.

He tilted his head and folded his arms across his chest. "Really? You came all the way out here just to return a pen?" A small smirk appeared on his face.

"Yes, it was taking up too much space."

"Tell me what you really came here to do." he said sternly.

I looked away.

"The clock's ticking." he said, looking on the invisible watch on his wrist.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled softly but enough so he could hear.

"What was that?" he asked holding his ear.

I let out a huff. He knew exactly what he was doing.

"I'm...sorry." I said looking down. "I know you were only trying to make things better."

He looked at me for a while then hugged me, actually hugged me. This was the first time he initiated a hug. He was warming up to me even more. Then I recall yesterday at The Spot. He said he loved me. I heard him but I pretended like I didn't since he changed his mind about telling me. He said it out of frustration and rage so who knew if he actually meant it. The scary thing is that I loved him back. I wasn't sure but ending up here made me positive about it.

"I'm sorry too; for not telling you about Tessa and using you. It's just that one secret leads to another." he whispered into my ears.

"It's okay. I want to start fresh too." I said as we both pulled away from our intimate hug.

Hugging him really made me realize how much I've missed him. Even though if it was just for a week, it felt like years. Hugging was our thing. Others love languages were kissing, touch and so on but ours was just hugging. When we hugged it felt like it was just the two of us in the world. It felt like he was taking my pain away and I was taking his. It was an addictive drug.

Hugging him made me realize how much of an impact I've made on him. When we first met we barely talked much less hugged and now look at us.

"What's wrong?" he asked, frowning his eyebrows.

I can't believe I'm crying right now. What the heck. I wiped my eyes.

"We've come so far."

He looked like he was trying to hold in the biggest laugh. I rolled my eyes and punched him on the arm.

"Miles, I'm trying to be sentimental."

He looked at me with a grin then kissed me starting from my neck to my lips.

"Miles." I laughed.

He held my wrist and pulled me inside. He dragged me to the table right by the door then to his car.

"Where are we going?"

"To our spot. Get in."

I thought for a while before I got in. I didn't even know we had a spot. I stayed quiet until we reached the destination. It was the old warehouse his dad had given him.

"Let's go." he said looking eager than anything.

We walked through the factory then behind to the pond.

"I didn't know we made this our spot." I stated.

"We are today." he said then handed me a knife.

I was confused and looked on him puzzled but he still indicated for me to take it so I did.

He walked over to the wall of the warehouse.

"Carve your initial here next to mine. That way it's ours now."

An uncontained smile escaped from me. I walked over and carved an 'I' on the wall next to his.

He smiled showing that he approved. I walked over to him and give him a quick kiss before hugging him.

"What next?" I asked.

"This is our spot now so we can do whatever we want." he said giving me a dirty smirk.

"Shut it Milestone."

That smug smirk was quickly replaced with a scowl. I chuckled. I knew how much he hated being called that.

I sat down on some rocks facing the pond. The weather was just perfect. No rain, wind or heat. It was just calm. Miles came and sat besides me. We sat in silence as we watched the small fish swim inside of it. I liked how we could just sit in silence and relax without feeling any awkward tension or the need to talk. We were just there for each other's moral support.

He picked up a hand full of stones and started throwing them one by one into the pond. I observed him for a while. He was so zoned out that he didn't even realize that I was looking at him. He looked relaxed. There wasn't any guilt or worries on him anymore.

"I can see you watching nerd." he said, turning his head to face me with that smirk of his.

I looked away. "Don't flatter yourself. I was looking at the view."

"Yeah, my view."

I rolled my eyes once again.

He held my hand as he fell back onto the rocks, pulling me down with him. The hard rocks stabbed my back as I laid besides Miles on them. We now changed our view from the pond to the sky. I watched as a couple of planes and birds flew by.

"Did you and Troy work things?"

He turned to me and nodded. "We're all good."

"And what about your dad?"

He didn't nod and say anything. I guess that answers my question.

"Did you work out things with Tessa?"

I shook my head. "No happy ending for us."

He frowned. "You're better off without her."

We stopped talking again and watched the clouds some more.

"Miles?"

"Yes nerd?"

"I love you too."