24|Jock Awards

*Isabella's POV*

"I still can't believe you're going to the jock awards." Mia said as she comfortably spread across my bed.

"Yeah well, neither can I." I said while spinning around in circles trying to find a shoe to go with my dress.

I screamed.

"Isabella calm down. The shoe is over there." she pointed to the shoes on the floor next to my closet.

"Oh."

"Besides why are you wearing high heels anyway? I thought you hated them and long dresses."

"I do but..." I started to explain but trailed off.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was nervous. I had never been to one of these and to make it even worse, Miles was my date. I already knew all eyes would be on me.

"You look fine. Deep breaths." Mia said standing behind me.

I inhaled then exhaled.

"Thank you." I said then hugged her.

Tessa was the one that was suppose to be here but she cancelled last minute. Luckily, Mia was quick to be her replacement.

"You ready to go?"

I nodded.

...

When I stepped foot on the pathway of the entrance, I immediately spotted Miles talking to a few guys at the door.

He cleaned up nicely. He had on a black tuxedo with a white shirt that was a little bit on the tight side but fitted him perfectly. You could see how it highlight his muscular torso from a far.

I took a deep breath then walked forward to them.

"Hey guys." I said trying to sound polite as possible.

"Wow, Is you look, wow." Miles said and I could feel my cheeks getting warm.

I watched as the other guys looked at me and smiled.

"Oh sorry. Guys, this is my date Isabella." Miles said.

"Nice to meet you Isabella, I'm Ryan." he said then kissed my hand respectfully. I recognized him from the football team.

"I'm Yamen." the second guy said then shook my hand.

"Peter." the third one said with a salute.

"Nice to meet you all." I said.

...

The ceremony started about 30 minutes ago and all the awardees have been rewarded his various prizes. It was now time for the announcer to announce the player of the year.

"This year was very tough. There was a close interval between these three players. Nominees please make your way up to the stage as I call you."  the announcer started.

"Keith Briers from Seaview Academy."

"Joseph Lynch from Trashville School of Excellence."

"And last but not lease Miles Norman from Millersville High." 

We all applauded each boy after their name was called.

The three boys stood side by side, anxiously waiting for the winner to be announced.

"Before I announce the winner, I just want to say that all three boys have impacted the association tremendously. I remember-"

"Just start already!" someone from the impatient audience shouted.