28|Graduation Day

*Isabella's POV*

6 months later

I turned to the mirror in front me and looked at the simple but elegant sleeveless red pleated dress that was on me. I looked down and rolled my eyes at the white five inch heels my mom had insisted on me wearing. I could barely walk in them since I always wore sneakers or flats but I agreed since it was a special occasion.

I picked up and put on the my black gown and matching cap. My hair was curled and my makeup was done. I took one more glance at myself before I picked up car keys headed downstairs.

Yes, I now have a license. Miles thought me how to drive and its been two months now since I got my license.

"You look so beautiful Bella." mom said as she wiped a tear from her eye.

"Let's take a front camera photograph." dad said as he turned on his phone.

"For the last time dad, it's called a 'selfie'." I said as we smiled for the picture.

They both gave me a big hug then I left.

...

I knocked on the Norman's door and waited for a response.

Mr. Norman opened the door.

"Who is that?" I heard a familiar voice say and saw Mrs. Norman's head stick out the door.

"Isabella, you look beautiful!" she exclaimed as she gave me a warm hug.

"Thank you!" I said and hugged her back with a smile on my face.

"What took you so long?" another familiar voice asked.

When I looked I saw Miles with the biggest smile on his face. He looked dashing in his gown with his hair actually done for the first time.

I couldn't help but smile and he gave me a kiss.

"You should go son. Your mother and I will be there soon. I'm proud of you." his father said.

Miles nodded his head and took my keys so he could drive. He promised me he'd make an effort with his dad and so far he has. Everyday I see more and more improvement in him.

His dad told his mom everything and they're working it out in therapy.

...

We reached to our school, where the graduation would take place. As soon as I stepped out of the car, Mia ran to me in speed with Troy right behind her.

"You look beautiful Isabella!" she exclaimed and hugged me. Over the months, our friendship was at its peak. We were now bestfriends.

"Hey babe you dropped your cap." Troy said as he handed Mia her cap. Yes, they were dating. Troy moved on from Tessa. Mia was the one to help him overcome all his pain. It took a few months but they fell in love.

"Looking good my man." Troy said as he and Miles did that stupid handshake of theirs.

Mia and I both laughed. We were happy. The downfall of it is that a lot of people started to hate on us behind closed doors. We had suddenly gone from two unknown nerds to two nerds who now dates the two most popular boys in school.

"I think it's starting." Miles said to all of us. We all nodded our heads then headed inside.

At the door we saw Tessa. She was all by her self standing up. She looked gorgeous but that doesn't change how lonely she looked. She looked at us with a polite grin but none of the three even gave her a glance.

She respected my wishes and kept away from me over the months. Although I didn't tell her to her face, I forgave her. I know she wanted to come back into my life but I couldn't handle that. Too many baggage that can't just me forgotten like me and Miles did.

We walked passed Luke, Johnathanius and Amanda and waved to them. Troy and Miles were still friends with them but Mia and I not so much. They stopped talking to Tessa after they found out what she did with Miles. They stopped talking to Miles too but he worked it out with them but Tessa was too stubborn to apologize.

All the graduates lined up on the field. The music started and we started swaying in sync. The valedictorian was the first to move off then we all followed until we reached our seats.

We received our certificates along with our partners. When Miles and my name was called, we both got up and walked. I could hear both of our mothers being our loudest supporters. My mom and Miles' mom screamed 'that's our babies' together. I gave them both daggered looks which quieted them down. When we reached the stage, Mrs. Dumont handed us our certificates along with our prizes. Miles got a few football trophies and I got a few academic trophies.

"I'm proud of you both. You have done exceedingly well in both inside your studies and out. At first, I didn't believe you two would make to the end of the term in one piece but you two have proven me wrong. Once again, congratulation to you both." Mrs. Dumont said then hugged us individually.

Everyone received their diplomas and the valedictorian gave his speech which was fairly short. Now it was time for us to turn over our tassels and throw our caps in the air.

"In three...two...one!"

I was no longer a high schooler. I had made it. A big smile was on my face. I turned to Miles and he had it too. We kissed then hugged each other. The others then joined us for a group hug.

Most of the graduating class went to The Spot to celebrate. I was sitting with Mia and Troy. Miles had gone outside to talk to a few of his football buddies.

"I'm going to miss you guys so much. Don't forget to call me everyday." I said, holding back tears. Mia and Troy were leaving for their college tomorrow that was across the country. Miles was planning on going to that college as well which leaves me all alone. My dream college was far from theirs. I was going to be separated from them. No matter how sad I am I won't show it. I'm happy for all three of them.

Miles walked in and pulled me aside. "Let's go."

"Where?"

He smirked. "Our spot."

I know what was going to happen. He was going to end things with me and try to make us remain friends. Miles hated long distance relationships.

I nodded and stayed quiet on the way to the warehouse.

We watched the pond in silence before he broke it.

"I have to tell you something."

"I know."

"You do?"

I nodded. "As long as it makes you happy, I'm fine with it."

He smiled but then raised an eyebrow. "You should be more happy than this."

That I just got dumped? No.

"Why would I?"

He started to look upset. "Because I'm doing this for!"

"Why would you think breaking up with me would make me happy?"

He looked at me as if I was speaking a foreign language. "Isabella I'm not breaking up with you."

"You aren't?"

He shook his head and chuckled. "I'm coming to college with you. I applied and they gave me a full ride to play football. It was a surprise so surprised!" he said then made jazz hands.

I shook my head and hugged him. "I love you."

"I love you more."

He had done it. Miles had changed colleges for me. I loved him more than he could've ever imagine and starting college together is only the beginning. We were no longer miles apart.

The End.