Picnic | Chapter 5

Lumine picked up a basket as she pulled on Xiao's arm, having him walk

"Why are you pulling me?" Xiao asked while looking at paimon who was carrying a drink.

"We're going on a picnic! Paimon told me that you only like Almond Tofu, so I made sure to grab some!" Lumine exclaimed while walking out the gate. (By the front desk)

"Why are we going on a picnic? I have demons to slay!" Xiao informed while shaking his head.

"Oh come on Xiao! Paimon thinks you can take a break for a little bit! Plus you get free Almond Tofu! It's pretty hard to pass some free foood you know!" Paimon said while looking at him.

Xiao only sighed and shook his head as he followed Lumine to where they were having their picnic.

.

.

.

"Here we are!" Paimon exclaimed while flying over to the checkered blanket on the ground.

Lumine let go of Xiao's arm and gently sat the basket down before sitting down herself.

"Come sit!" Lumine encouraged as she patted a spot next to her. Xiao hesitated but eventually sat down beside Lumine.

"Here you are! I made it myself as a thank you." Lumine placed a plate of Almond tofu in front of Xiao as she continued it dig through the basket.

Xiao gently picked up the plate and began eating the food. He was surprised when he actually found it delicious, well more than the chefs anyways.

"Here you go Paimon! Fishermen's toast just for you!" Lumine happily handed Paimon the toast as the flying child sat on the blanket and began eating as well.

"Oh wow Lumine! You've really outdone yourself!" Paimon exclaimed. Lumine laughed as she got out mondstadt hasbrowns for herself. Her happiness was radiating. Like pure joy and sunlight.

Xiao carefully watched her, he wasn't sure why but he was so drawn to the human. It wasn't like him. This human girl was different than the others.

"Isn't it good Xiao!" Paimon squealed while watching him.

He nodded and he turned his head away.

"Would you like to try a bite? It's alright if you can't stomach it! " Lumine asked while holding  a plate of hasbrowns in front of Xiao.

He glanced at the food before reluctantly taking a bite.

There was a swarm of different flavors. It was warm but not to warm and the taste was exquisite. Although if he ate to much he'd be sick.

"It's good, but I'd hurl if I had anymore. Thank you... Lumine." Xiao slightly blushed out of embarrassment as Lumine giggled and ate.