25

Lumine held onto Xiaos arms as he helped her up onto a roof. They both sat down by each other as it began the sky turned a deep blue.

"What are we doing up here?" Lumine asked as she looked over at Xiao.

"Just wait a few moments, then you will see." Xiao explained as he looked at the stars. He heard Lumine laugh as she also looked up into the night sky.

"Oh look, that one looks like an hourglass." Lumine pointed to a constellation in the sky that did resemble an hourglass.

Xiao nodded as he looked around for another constellation. "That one looks like whale." He pointed to one that was right above them."

Lumine laughed as she continued looking. Xiao put his hand on her shoulder as he saw the people of Liyue prepare the lanterns.

"Look, it's about to start." Xiao pointed down to the people as Lumine watched.

Xiao slightly smiled as the sky lit up with beautiful yellow and orange lights.

He looked over to Lumine who was completely taken aback by the lights.

"They're called xiaolanters. The people of Liyue rarely do this tradition. It is personally one of my favorites." Xiao leaned back against a wall as he admired the lanterns.

"They're beautiful.."Lumine seemed to relax as she leaned into the wall behind her.

"Fortunately I was able to get one, so you can light it into the sky." Xiao put the orange lantern into her hands. He watched as she smiled and looked over to him.

"Thank you, Xiao. I have a better idea. How about we light it together!" She gently took his hand and placed it on the opposite side of the lantern.

He blushed as he handed her a small lighter he borrowed.

Lumine flicked the fire on and lit the bottom of the lantern to make it float. They both pushed the lanterns up as it joined the rest of the lanterns in the sky.

He felt Lumine lean against his shoulder. He looked down at her as she smiled up at the sky.

"Thank you Xiao." She thanked him as his face became red. He sighed as he laid his head on hers.

"You're welcome Lumine."