38

"I can't believe lantern rite is already almost here.." I sighed as Paimon flew around in the air.

"Paimon can't either!" She put her hands on her hips. "It's only feels like yesterday we arrived on Liyue."

I nodded as I pulled a sunsettia off of a tree we were passing.

"Didn't Ningguang want to meet us?" I said to myself as my eyes widened. I slapped my cheeks before running towards Liyue Harbor.

Paimon screamed behind me as I panicked. I panted as I stood behind the crowd of people in front of Ningguang.

She explained how she was planning on rebuilding the jade chamber and was making it a competition. Her opinion on one question was the reward.

I nodded as I walked up to Ningguang.

"I am guessing that you are joining the competition, no?" She asked as she looked at me. She spun a fancy stick in her hand.

I was at a lost for words. I felt anger boil in my stomach, but I kept a smile on my face.

"Of course!" I said. I gave her a closed eye smile as she looked at me. I opened my eye as she looked away. I furrowed my eyebrows. "How could I leave a friend empty handed." I mumbled as I walked away.

.

.

.

"Will Shenhe really be ok?" Paimon asked. I nodded before smiling. I walked out of the ruins I noticed the sky darkening. I smiled.

I quickly hurried over to the tailors. I picked out a wonderful dress. I also grabbed a nice hair piece.

"What about Ningguang?" Paimon asked.

"She can wait." I scoffed as I clipped the piece into my hair. I climbed the stairs up to the mountain by Yunjin Terrace.

I smiled as I sat down. Paimon laid down on the grass behind me as looked at the stars.

"Xiao..." I quietly whispered as I heard the grass shift behind me. I turned around to see Xiao standing there with his spear.

I smiled as I turned back to look at him.

"What are you doing here!" Paimon yelled. I patted the grass next to me. He walked passed Paimon, ignoring her. His spear disappeared as he sat close to me.

"I believe they are only setting off test fireworks tonight." Xiao said. I nodded as I looked at the sky.

Xiao sighed. "You.. look pretty, tonight." He whispered before looking away. I giggled lightly before looking at him.

He aggressively held my hand as blush covered his face. I smiled as blush covered my own face.