31

Lumine felt her energy being drained as she kept fighting the vines. It was dark by now.

The vines covered her eyes and chained her to the cave walls. She flinched as she heard ripping noises and other things.

She felt the vine around her eyes be ripped off as something grabbed her and was moving quickly.

Whatever was carrying her fell as they made it outside of the cave.

She coughed as dirt slightly went into her mouth from the impact. She felt something draped over her back as she looked over.

The thing, or person, carrying her was Xiao.

He was laid on his stomach and his arm was laid on her back.

She panicked as she immediately turned him onto his back. She turned his head to see it dripping with blood.

She stiffened as she put her hand on a large wound he had on his side. She felt tears cloud her vision as the rain slightly covered her.

She ripped the bottom of her dress off. Her legs were bare and cold under the rain, but she ripped the dress in two piece. She wrapped the larger piece around his side would.

She shivered as she gently wrapped the other piece around his head. It only covered one of his eyes.

She sobbed as she hugged his head.

.

.

.

Lumine struggled as she tried her best to pull Xiao to an empty hut nearby. She was determined to not hurt him in anyway.

She huffed as she gently laid Xiao on the wooden floor of the hut. She looked around and saw an old bed. She smiled as she pulled the mattress of and covered it with an old sheet in the room.

She pulled Xiao into the mattress and looked around. She groaned as she didn't see and blanket or a pillow.

She looked in a small drawer of a beaten down dresser. She pulled out a thin blanket with a few holes in it.

She sighed. Better than nothing. She thought as she stood up and covered Xiao. She yawned as she laid her head on the end of the mattress. She used her arms as a pillow as her body was on the wooden floor.