chapter 4.

Hayden pov

Hayden pov.

later that night we had a celebration for some stupid reason I can't remember.

I was sitting on a log a little bit away from everybody with my sword in my hand. I was polishing it for tomorrow for training.

"Ladies and Gentlemen the Son of Poseidon is coming through. A hero is coming through. movie it." I hear Grover yell as he pushes through the crowd of people minding there own business. Percy apologies to them since Grover didn't really care.

they reach the drinks table where three girls stood waiting for them

"hey, Percy. we're having a party at our place later." the first girl says as they blush at him.

"and we would really love it if you came. "the next girl finished for her friend.

" I would love to come. that'd be great." Percy smiles.

" that would he amazing. awesome." they all squeal.

" I would love to come, too, to the party" Grover invites himself to the conversation. the girls laughter dies down at his comment. I sniffle a laugh at his desperate attempt of going to a party. "you know? that's for inviting me, ladies."

"beat it, Nymphs." Annabeth says pushing them aside and getting something to drink. the three girls huff and leave.

"wait, don't leave. ladies...im available." Grover follows them around like a lost puppy.

"feeling like a hero?" Annabeth asks Percy as they both fill a cup each with the coloured drink.

"more like a mutant" he replies. "im not gonna grow a fist tail or gills or anything like that, am I?" he jokes.

"not likely. although a huge ego isn't out of the question." he ignors the comment and starts walking with Annabeth close enough for me to still hear them.

"you know you could have killed me out there? I could have died, if I was normal." he says.

"but you aren't." she states simply.

"I get the sense that you don't like me very much."

"its possible. I mean, our parents hate eachother."

"wait. they do?" she just nods in reply.

"I definitely have strong feelings for you. I just haven't decided if they're positive or negative yet."

"well, you let me know when you figure it out" Percy says with a smile. she looks at him for a second before answering.

"You'll be the first" she then takes a sip of her drink and leaves him alone.

He looks around for anyone to talk to and his eyes land on me. he smiles to himself and makes his way over to me.

I smile at him and move up on the log so he can sit down.