chapter 7.

Hayden Pov

Hayden Pov.

"not so fast, Demigod."

she pulls me towards her and grabs my jacket tightly so I can't escape her.she shoves her body against mine.

"Percy, go get Grover and Annabeth." I yell to my only friend as Medusas breath fans my face due to our closeness.

I hear him jump up and run away. at least he'll be okay.

"open your eyes." she demands as I try break free but she's stronger. "open then or my hungry babies will have to open them for you."

the hundreds of snakes she calls hair all hiss at me and a few start headbutting my face in an attempt to get my eyes open.

I grunt a little and move my head from side to side as its the closest thing I have to escaping.

" but it would be suck a pitty, to destroy such and young and handsome face." she let's go of one side of my jacket and holds my cheek and jaw.

she moves my head to face her making it easier for her babies to nibble and hit my face.

I try move away but her grip but tightens. I grunt and wait for her to let go. she runs her finger down the bridge of my nose and along my jawline despite her snakes in the way.

"stay with me, Hayden." one of the snakes go in my ear which almost opened my eyes but I held back. another run up my jaw, giving me a shiver up my spine.

"all you have to do is look...."

i don't know why but I couldn't fight the urge much longer. her snakes stop attacking me and she loosens her grip on my jacket.

my head subconsciously turns towards her slowly and I try stop myself but it dosent work.

"good" she whispers and patiently waits. My eyes unscrew themselves a little and as they're about to open I hear car tires coming right for me.

Medusa turns to in the direction of the noise but my eyes stay shut. the sound of statues smashing makes me move away from her but I get sent to the ground by flying pieces of cement.

my whole body aches as it hits the hard ground. I grunt and sit up as best I can while holding my side in pain. I look down and see I landed on some sharp stone which made a small hole in my shirt but broke skin underneath. it bled a little but not enough to make serious damage.

"Son of Harpocrates!" Medusa hisses and lunges for me but I look at the ground. in my periferal vision I see Percy jump out of the truck that just saved my life and race at Medusa with his sword ready to attack.

I cover my head with my hands back duck as he slices her head clean off.

"heads up"

i look up and see him crouching beside me.

"Hayden. are you alright?" he says as I breath a sigh of relief.

"yeah."i nod. he grabs my hand and pulls me to my feet.

" Hayden, you saved my life. thank you. "he pulls me into a hug which feels wierd considering how long it's been since I've had a hug. it takes a few seconds but I finally hug back with a grin.

Annabeth and Grover walk over and we all look down at the head. we pull away but I stand with my shoulder against his arm.

"we should take it with us." Annabeth states like it's normal to just have a decapitated head in yiur backpack.

"the head? oh, no. that's sick" Grover almost gags at the thought. I can't blame him.

"if you open the eyes they still work, dead or alive. you never know when something like that might come in handy."

"yeah, your right. but I'm not touching it"

"Come on, man, just take off your jacket." Percy says from beside me."we'll wrap it up until we get some  ice."

"Why do i have to take off my jacket?"

"because your the protector." I say smiling.

"yeah, your right. I am the protector. so I'm gonna give you my hoodie, not my jacket. okay?" he takes off the clothing and hands it to Percy.

"come on, you baby" he teases ajs picks up the head and wraps it in the hoodie. "descusting."

"yeah, just toss it iy. come on, don't-Ew!" Percy chucks the head at Grover who catches it with a descusted face. something then catches Percys eye.

"hey. hey, guys, wait." he was looking at Medusas limp arm. her wrist jewelry had something inside. "the pearl."

He pulls it out and smiles at it.

"one down, three to go"

___________________________

I sit in the backseat of a random truck we stole from Medusas lair on our way to our next destination.

Percy was beside me and annabeth was I front with grover driving.

"would have been nice if Luke had warned us about Medusa." Annabeth says slightly annoyed with the first part of our quest.

"maybe he just didn't know." Percy suggests. I had the pearl in my hand as I admired the blue and teal coloured orb. it was to pretty.

"GPS from the gods. where to next?" Grover asks Percy who pulls out the map and watches the words appear.

"let's see. The Parthenon in Nashville."

"Nashville? oh, great. Home to my least favourite music. yee-haw!"

___________________________

we've been driving for hours and it's finally dark outside. I somehow managed to fall asleep during the journey.

I had my head resting on Percys shoulder and he had his arm around my shoulder. Annabeth was asleep in the front as well.

As we go over a little pot hole I wake up a little but soon snuggle into Percy more. he hums in his sleep and holds me tighter.

but we all jump up when we hear a truck horn honking at us. I open my eyes and see Grover had started falling asleep and had let go of the steering wheel making us drive onto the wrong side of the road.

We all scream at the sight and Grover quickly moves out of the way. Percy holds me tightly as we spin around.

we get back on the highway and try recover from our near death experience.

"let's stop for the night! let's stop for the night!" Percy yells.

"yeah, yeah." Grover sighs and starts driving to the nearest Motel.

"oh, my god." Percy holds his hand over his heart and slows his breathing.

"you okay?" I ask Percy. he breathes deeply until he notices our position. I look at our bodies together and quickly move away. "sorry."

"oh my god. what time is it?" Percy yawns and looks at the sky.

"late." Annabeth says. Percy just turns to me and smiles a little.

"man, I need to sleep."

___________________________