chapter 5.

Hayden pov

Hayden pov.

later that night I was taking my usual late night stroll while everyone ate dinner.

I walked through the woods with my sword comfortably in my belt holder. I liked to come out here and think or relax. today was eventful.

As I'm walking I reach the end of the forest which leads right to the tents. in the middle of the main are I saw Annabeth, Grover and Percy all with backpacks on.

Im not sure what's happening but I'm guessing it's about The monster earlier.

"Look, I just found out my mother is still alive. I'm gonna get her back." Percy says to the two. I'm not hiding from them, I'm. standing at the edge of the forest so it's technically not snooping.

"From the underworld?" Annabeth asks amused.

"whatever it takes."

"huh. yeah, well, maybe you'll outsmart Hades."

"maybe I will" Percy fires back.

"look, man, I can't let you Do this, okay?" Grover tries to stop Percy as his protector but Percy wasn't having it.

"look, I'm. not asking for your permission."

"okay. well, according to regulations, if I can't stop you, I must accompany you, 'cause I'm your best friend and your protector."

"Junior protector." Percy corrects sassily.

(Persassy)

(I'm sorry)

(I'm sorry)

"is that really necessary?" Grover groans.

"I don't need your help. okay? this is something I have to do on my own" Percy explains confidentially. I smile at his bravness.