chapter 8.

Hayden pov

Hayden pov.

After getting a room at the nearest Motel we all unpacked and got ready for the night.

"Anyone seen Percy?" I ask after noticing he's not in the room.

"I think I saw him at the pool. but that was ages ago" Annabeth says while fixing one of the three beds.

"thanks" I say before leaving the motel. I look over the balcony and see the pool almost empty. Percy was sitting at the bottom of the pool by himself.

I smile and grab a towel from the reception on my way past and go over to the pool.

I sit at the edge with my legs in a basket and wait for him to come up. a few seconds pass before he notices me. he swims to the surface and smiles at me.

"hey." I greet and let him swim over to me.

"hi." he breathes.

"thanks for, you know, saving me earlier. I really appreciate it" I say quietly. he dosent say anything, just smiles. then he looks at my side for a minute before touching the hole in my shirt.

"what happened to you?" he asks and looks at the hole. he holds it out a little for me to see. I shrug a little. he runs his thumb over it but pulls away and sees a thin layer of dark blood coating his finger.

he looks up at me concerned and lifts up my shirt. I move my arm for him and hear him gasp a little.

"Hayden. when did this happen?" he asks worriedly. I look at him confused and look down at my side. my small cut had turned into a larger gash.

"oh gods." I sigh and lightly run my thumb over it but pull away with a hiss. "when I was with Medusa, I fell on a rock or something. it was only a graze so I didn't mind. I must have wripped it after."

Percy looks at it for a second before taking my hand and placing my fingertips in the water.

"watch this." he says and concentrates on the water. Next thing I know, water is seeping up my arm at a fast pace.

"whoa" I breath as I runs down my chest and go over my wound. it dosent even hurt. as it washes away it takes the cut with it Percy smiles proudly. "thanks, Percy."

"dont mention it. you should have told me, Hayden." he says climbing up from the water and sitting across from me grinning. I hand him the soft clean towel. "thanks."

"it wasn't that bad before. it was only tiny and anyway, I wouldn't want to worry you"

"well, I would have tried to help even if it was just a mark."