Lilly Gets Smart

It began as soon as their heads left the pillows.

The campers had been on edge the whole day.

Like I said, it started when everyone woke up about three hours later than Chris would ever let them sleep. No one knew what, where or when the challenge was going to begin, so a hushed panic had fallen over the cabins. Even the Villains in the spa hotel knew they weren't safe from Chris' wrath.

Lilly honestly had probably been the least affected by it all though. She practically spent her entire day walking around and visiting people, making small talk and trying to calm their worries down. She painted her nails with Zoe and Sierra, read peacefully with Cameron, laughed with Duncan about some of his juvie days, and even visited the spa.

At the fancy hotel she mostly hung out with Gwen and made her feel less lonely, but she did end up pulling a prank on Scott with Alejandro. Good times seemed to just follow her around at this point.

All of this led her to where she was right now, sitting on the steps of her cruddy cabin with a bowl of slop. Chef had dropped them off a couple minutes beforehand, only offering a nod in Lillys direction before hastily walking away. Probably back to Chris and whatever he was planning.

"Ah! Bthft!" Duncan said, making sounds of disgust as he spit out his gruel. Lilly couldn't help but agree with him. It tasted worse than usual.

"I know Duncan. But eat up, you never know when Chris is going to spring the challenge on our team." She encouraged the punk.

"Speaking of the team, where's Mike? I haven't seen him all day." She asked everyone. Lilly would try and deny it, but she had been worried about him lately.

"I dunno. But what I do know is that this food tastes like dirt gravy! Which technically would be mud." Cameron responded, walking down the cabin steps. "But I guess tha- w O a H!" The rest of his friends (and Duncan) watched as the nerdy boy tumbled to the ground and face planted right into his 'food'.

"Woah buddy! You okay?" Mike said, appearing out of thin air. Lilly swiveled her head around.

Where had he come from?!

As she was pondering this thought, Lilly also heard Zoe gasp and run to the confessionals. Curiosity hit her so she set her slop down softly and cleared her throat. The rest of them looked at her when she did so.

"I-I'll go see if we have any tape in our room." The teen said, backing up slowly before turning around and sprinting to the room. After closing the door in what Lilly hoped wasn't a suspicious manor, she spun on her heel and quickly clambered out the window opposite to her.

"Ow." She grumbled after falling into a brush. No time to lose, Lilly dusted herself off hastily and staggered her way over to the outhouse to peer in on Zoe.

Confessional

Zoe

"I can believe what I just saw! Or seen? No, definitely saw." She said, getting off track. "Either way, I can't believe it!"

"When Cam was walking down the steps, a hand came out and tripped him! Not but two seconds later I hear Mike gasp and appear just in the "nick of time."" Zoe explained, using air quotes to emphasize her point. "Conclusion, he tripped Cam and broke his glasses!"

"Why would Mike do that to Cameron? They're friends!" Then she gasped suddenly. "Did Mike break Sam's game guy?! And Sierra's smartphone!?! But why!"

Confessional over

Lilly listened to the whole thing, eyes wide in silent surprise. She had her cheek pressed up against the harsh wood, probably earning herself a couple of splinters while doing so. Because of this she nearly missed hearing Zoe jiggle the door handle.