Chapter 6

PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE
Chapter 6: Traitor

Yuhee

"AHHHHHH!" Danbi squealed. We were under the bleachers where she asked us to meet up while Chaewon was in the faculty office talking to their homeroom teacher... again. It seemed that she was going more and more for private counselings. I wondered if everything's alright. I didn't ask. "I did it. I passed the first audition, Yuhee! I can't believe it." Danbi said.

"I can." I said. "I believed you'd get in when you sent me that video of you dancing to EXO's Loveshot."

She sighed dreamily. "Thank you, Yuhee. You're the first person who believed in my dancing."

"Here," I said, handing out a paper where I wrote Changsub's phone number. "He knows I'm giving you his number. I told Changsub someone I know would like to have some vocal tips since she's already an amazing dancer."

Danbi's eyes widened. "Really? That's insane! Best wing woman ever." She said, hugging me.

It seems like I'm growing to like hugs these days if they're genuine.

* * *

Throughout the days, all I could think about was planning my confession to Peniel. I once stood in front of his locker, thinking about the cliché high school way of confessing: slipping a note in his locker but I changed my mind. It wasn't like me.

I was sitting one day on the picnic table at school where I was waiting for Changsub to show up when someone snapped a photo of me. I knew because of the flash. I turned to find Peniel grinning over his camera.

"Paparazzi?" I said.

He sat next to me. "Changsub must not have come yet."

"I feel bad for him." I said. Changsub received an after school detention and punishment because he was caught sleeping in class while one of our most terror teachers was on duty. "But are you a photographer now?"

"It's for our project. I've always liked photography but barely practiced it. It's nice to get back to it now."

"You have a lot of talent."

"That's not true. They're skills barely polished."

"Don't downplay yourself."

"Just telling the truth."

We both looked at each other and then he asked, "What about you? What do you do as a hobby?"

I looked away. Even though the sun was still bright every day, it was starting to get colder. Prelims was approaching along with winter break. I'm sure days would pass so quick. They've been doing that lately. Surprisingly. "Nothing." I finally said.

"Nothing?"

"Hm, nothing. I'm one of those people. I don't have interesting hobbies and I don't really have a dream aside from getting to college even though I don't know what I want to be."

"Ah, so I'm not alone in that."

I turned to him. "No way. You too?"

Peniel smiled, looking up at the skies and then snapping a picture. "My friends are overflowing with dreams and plans for the future. Changsub and Hyunsik want to go to a university together and study music further. Ilhoon wants to become a music producer. He said that's his dream. When they talk about it sometimes when we're together, I become silent. Why? Because I don't have a dream right now. I don't know what I want to do." He said, looking at me. "Like you."