Chapter 7

PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE
Chapter 7: Damage Is Done

Yuhee

I guess it's safe to say that I didn't belong to the trio squad anymore. Neither of my trio squad. I didn't get invited that weekend by Binna to hang out at her place and Danbi wouldn't even look at me at lunch so I started eating alone under the bleachers.

Jayoon video called one time while I was there. "Where are you? Is that the bleachers?" She asked.

I can't believe that I'm lying even to my best friend now just so she wouldn't feel sorry or worry about me. "My friend and I meet here sometimes. I'm waiting for her."

There's some sincerity in that. I was waiting for Danbi to just show up and forgive me even though I haven't apologized for keeping the fact that Changsub walked me home.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"It's lunchtime. I'm eating with Seeun and Sumin. Are you okay?"

"Of course."

"You look sad. You know I'm the only one who can see through your passiveness."

"I miss you."

"I'm right. You're not okay."

I chuckled, in the verge of tearing up. "I just really miss you."

"Well, I'll see what I can do. We should meet up soon."

"Okay."

"I'll text you later. Eat well! Don't skip lunch!"

"Okay."

"Bye! Miss you too!"

As soon as I hang up, Peniel showed up, looking around under the bleachers until his eyes found me. "You're really here." He said.

"How did you know?"

"I asked Chaewon and Danbi. Danbi said you might be here." He said, sitting next to me.

"Ah, she really knows."

Peniel looked at me and handed over strawberry milk.

"Did Binna eonni give this?" I asked.

"No, it's from me this time."

My shoulders dropped.

"Ohㅡyou look disappointed!" Peniel exclaimed.

"No, thank you, Peniel." I chucked the straw in the carton and took a sip.

"Did you two fight?" He asked. "I didn't see you this weekend."

"No"

"Then, were you sick?"

"No"

"Then, are you avoiding Binna noona the way she's avoiding talking about you?"

I stopped sipping and looked at him.

His mouth curved up a little. "Look at that. Your eyes really tell everything about how you feel."

"I don't deserve eonni's friendship." I told him, looking away.

"Just apologize." Peniel said, "I know it's not easy to apologize. It's awkward and all that. But just apologize if you're in the wrong. Don't drag it too long." He ruffled my hair. "I don't believe that wounds to the heart heal with time. I believe they only get deeper when ignored too long."

And then he let out a whistle. "Woah, I sounded so wise just now, right?"

One of the signs you like someone according to what I read on the internet: they make you smile even at the times you don't want to.