Chapter 17

PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE, PART III
Chapter 17: Some things are better left unsaid

Y U H E E

"What is it so early in the morning?" I asked Peniel in a sleepy voice. My alarm just went off and then he called.

"I'll do it."

I paused and then my eyes widened, completely awake. "What? You're really accepting the job?"

"Yeah, happy now?"

I squealed. "Ahh! I'm so proud of you! Okay, I'll list you for the catering." I said, already getting up from bed. "Thank you, Peniel."

He chuckled. "Alright, see you later. Get ready for work."

I sighed. "On my way to the bathroom. Yah, after this event, I'm taking a break. We should take a trip with Binna eonni."

"How many times do you say that every year? You never take a break."

I smirked, putting the phone between my ear and my shoulder so I can put toothpaste on my toothbrush. "You told me time is money. I just need to save enough money for a grand vacation that I well deserved."

Peniel laughed. "Binna eonni and I will get gray hair before that happens."

"Yah! I'm serious. I'm really thinking about a trip. Where do you want to go? Bali? Boracay? Or should we go to America so you can visit your family there too?"

"Wherever is fine."

"You're no fun to plan vacation with. Bye. I'm going to brush my teeth."

"Ah, is that bad breath I've been smelling?"

"What? You little s-"

Peniel hung up but not before a giggle on the other line. I chuckled, putting my phone down and then I got ready for the day.

* * *

Today, Chaewon and her soon-to-be husband, Kang Chang Min, whom I was meeting for the first time were sitting in front of me as I told them about how the wedding is coming together.

"So, Chaewon has picked almost everything we need with Mia. We have the cake design and the baker too. Mia is our event designer too and she will ensure that we bring you the wedding closest to your dream, if not exactly. She spent enough time with Chaewon to learn about her preferences that would help her do that." I briefed them about everything and it seemed never ending but finally, "And we decided on Italian cuisine which will be provided by our chef, Peniel Shin."

Chaewon's eyes widened. "Peniel really said yes?"

"Yeah, I finally convinced him." I replied with a smile.

Chaewon turned to her fiancee. "Oppa, Peniel was in our batch during high school. He studied in Italy, so we're in good hands."

Kang Changmin smiled. "If you trust him, then I'll say it's good."

I smiled at the both of them. They actually looked really in love. It wasn't the annoying kind of public display of affection. It was sweet. And honestly, I'm happy for Chaewon.