Chapter VII

Magnus-
"Did you think I wouldn't keep an eye on you?" Hatred fills me as I glare at the man standing in front of me.
"What the Hel are you doing here, Brutus?" I growl.
"I could ask you the same question. I warned you not to do anything stupid, but you just want to go and fuck everything up, huh?" I spit in his face.
"I am fixing what you fucked up." His eyes seem to darken.
"Unfortunately, you've proven that you are not trustworthy. Therefore, you will just have to die."

I immediately ready my sword and raise my shield. Brutus unsheathes his own sword.
"I do not wish to kill you!" I glance back at the battle happening behind us. I need to be in there. Brutus laughs as he lunges toward me.
I counter the attack easily. He continues using offensive maneuvers while I take the defensive.
I feel a sense of urgency as I fight him.
I knock my shield against his, throwing him off balance. I take the moment to kick his knee so he falls.
I sprint toward Estrid. I fight my way near her before I feel his presence. I spin quickly, blocking his sword with my shield. I swing downwards at an angle toward Brutus' side. He jumps back to avoid contact.
I glance at my mother. She's still standing and I don't see the past Brutus anywhere.
"You can not win, Fenrir!" I turn my attention back to him and shout as I attack. He is swift in avoiding my blade.
I hear Floki call out to Estrid. I'm running out of time. I manage to drag my blade across his, forcing it down on him. They slide apart, the force causing his to make contact with his face. Blood splatters on my own face. I risk a glance back at Estrid. I see the other Brutus coming toward her. I need to fix this even if it kills me. I take off in her direction. I hold my shield fast as I run. I watch as a sword stabs her leg. I slam my shield against her causing her to fly backward. I do not see her land.

I feel a sort of shockwave as images of the past, present, and future run through my mind for the second time. For a moment all of time is all I can see. Then I'm back standing on the battle field. I hear a loud yell coming toward me. I spin just in time to catch his wrists.
"It's over Brutus!"
"Nothing is over while I am breathing!" I throw him back and pick up my sword that I had dropped on the ground.
"I was hoping you'd say that!" Our swords cross once again. He spins around to gain extra momentum and swings the sword at neck level. I duck quickly, the iron grazing the side of my head. I feel the blood drip from the cut. I block his next blow with my shield. The blade gets stuck in it, and I pull the sword out of his hands. I throw my shield to the side.
"Fight me like a man!" I slide my sword into its sheathe and place a hand discreetly on my axe. I yell out as I charge toward him, grabbing his shoulders.

The world changes around us. It is as if we are falling. Then we hit the ground. We are in a frozen wasteland. I shiver instinctively.
Brutus stands quickly and laughs.
"Bringing us here isn't going to help you, boy!" I didn't make us time travel.
"It wasn't me dumb ass!" I take out my axe and aim to bury it in his skull. He rolls to the left in time to avoid it.
"Well I did not bring us here!"
There's no way. I'm not even wearing the watch. I couldn't have brought us here.
Snow flies into my face as we fight. The sudden blizzard obscures my vision.
"How did you travel before?" I hear Brutus yell above the wind. He sounds confused. I use his voice as a way of navigating toward him.
"A device! It broke!" I see his silhouette in front of me. I feel like electricity is buzzing in my body.  I lift my axe, but he grabs my wrist. The world around us shifts again.
This time, we land in deep water. The water invades my mouth. It's salt water? We must be in the ocean.
I feel my body being dragged underwater. I kick at the man as he attempts to use me to get to the surface. My foot makes contact and I'm able to swim back up.
Brutus resurfaces a few feet away, a fresh cut on his forehead. He gasps in pain as the salt mixes with his blood. He grabs my shoulder and shoves my head underwater. I reverse his hold and do the same. I lost my axe some time during the shift. The waves roll violently. My head breaks the surface again.
"Stop struggling! You're going to die one way or another!" His frustration gives me confidence.
"Fine! Then at least let me get us on solid ground!" I focus hard, imagining the walls, the stone floor, the thrones.
All around us the scene changes once again. We are in the castle. His castle.
We both get to our feet. I have no time to spot the differences between his world, and the correct one.
I unsheathe my sword. Brutus lets out a guttural growl. He grabs a sword off of a decorative piece on the wall.
"Let's finish this." He spits.
Our swords clash with a loud metallic bang. The sound reverberates around the large room.
I know I can not keep up this endurance for long. My soaking clothes weigh me down.  I need to end this now. It's only a matter of time before I make a mistake.