ii - rydell high

song recommendation for this chapter :
a teenager in love - dion & the belmonts
or
summer nights from the grease soundtrack lol

author's note : i told y'all rizzo would have a girlfriend. she's introduced in this chapter and her names lori !

--

after some quick catching up, laughing, and singing along to the radio, sandy and i had arrived to rydell high school. it's a huge long rectangular shaped building that was a weird tan shade. i guess no matter where you travel to, public schools will always be ugly looking.
my attention was brought away from the school and to sandy who was squirming excitedly in the drivers seat.

"oh isn't this just so exciting!"

her bubbly personality turned even ugly building like this into something to be excited about. i have to admit, her constantly good mood made my mood better a majority of the time. her reaction alone had made me smile.
"yeah. it'll be great. ready to go in?"
"let's go!"
grabbing our books we hopped out of her car and entered our new school.

the inside was just as bland as the outside. the only interesting thing inside was the people. even though it was still a little while before classes started the halls were slowly filling up. there were greasers, jocks, preps, nerds, and everything else all in their own little cliques chatting and laughing before class.
somehow we we made it to the main office of the school. the only reason i didn't get lost in the mass of people was because i was following sandy's long pale yellow skirt like i was a lost puppy. as if the students filing in seemed chaotic, the main office was even more so. many middle aged and older adults hustled around neither of us seeming to be visible to them. eventually a woman in a gray blazer and matching skirt stopped.

"can i help you dears?"
sandy explained we were new and had no idea where or what we were doing.
"oh. well here's some forms you'll both have to fill out." she handed us some papers off the desk in front of us nearly dropping the last one as she got distracted by some students out in the hall. "excuse me, i have to deal with this." she pardoned herself leaving us with no writing utensil for the forms.
a shorter woman in a black polk dot dress wizzed by with arms full of binders.
"oh, excuse me miss! do you have a pencil we could borrow?" i quickly spoke up to the lady who stopped, smiled and handed me a stubby pencil from behind her ear. before i could complain about it, she was gone.

somehow, sandy and i both filled out the forms with the stubby little pencil and made it to class in time. our first class was together and with a friend sandy met over the summer. as soon as we walked into the room a girl came up to us and introduced herself to me as frenchy. she told me she was sandy's friend and how we both looked "so cute" today.
frenchy is even more bubbly than sandy which i didn't know was possible.
soon the bell rang and we all took our seats. announcements chimmed in and said something about a fresh year at rydell. honestly, i wasn't paying attention to the announcements or the class and before i knew it, it was lunch break.

frenchy invited both of us to sit at a table with her and her friends dubbed 'the pink ladies'. you could immediately tell who they were by the matching baby pink jackets. after getting our trays we walked over to the table and frenchy introduced us to the girls. there's rizzo, marty, jan, and lori. sandy spoke before me saying we had just moved from australia.
"how is it down under?" rizzo asked earning a laugh from the other girls.
"fine, thanks." sandy replied with a sweet smile. before things could get weirder, frenchy invited us to sit and we all talked about our summers. sandy talked about the thing she's told me about at least a million and two times. she met a boy on the beach before she was supposed to go back to australia. she says he's the most amazing man she'd ever met and was so sweet. the girls kept egging her on for details about her summer lovin'. rizzo even asked if he had a car. basically they had a lovely night holding hands in the sand, splashing around in the water, drinking lemonade, all that jazz. honestly i was a bit jealous. it all sounded  wonderful.
"so, what's his name?" rizzo asked once sandy had stopped reminiscing.

"danny. danny zuko."

immediately laughter broke out among the girls but rizzo quickly shushed them.
"well, i think he sounds peachy keen. and well, maybe if you believe in miracles, prince charming may show up again someday. somewhere unexpected."
she smiled and stood up, grabbed lori's hand.
"come on, toots. i need your help with something."
lori and rizzo left the table, arms linked together, giggling all the way till they were out of sight. lunch soon ended and we all found our way back to class.