vi - a few drinks

song recommendation for this chapter :
you were on my mind - we five

author's note : hello all! again thank you for the love on this story it makes my heart so happy <3 sorry for the wait, i'm facing a bit of writers block in the moment. also if you get a notification for an older chapter updating, it means i went through and fixed spelling/grammar errors sorry lol.

---

i woke up to something hitting against my window scaring the absolute shit out of me. a quick glance to my alarm clock told me it was 2 am. who the hell would be hitting my window at 2 am? is it just the wind? another small hit against my window brought me to my feet and to the window to see what it was. i lifted the window up and stuck my head out to see who it was. down on the grass of the backyard, was the dirty blonde. he was looking up at my window with a handful of small pebbles in his hand. he motioned for me to come down, and with an eye roll i agreed.

i arrived downstairs and carefully slid open the glass back door and closing it behind me. "what are you doing here?" i immediately asked after walking over to him. "you look cute in your pajamas." he said instead of replying to the question. i rolled my eyes again but my cheeks started heating up, which i prayed he didn't notice. unfortunately, he did and before i could repeat my question to move on, i felt a calloused hand gently caressing my cheek. "you're even cuter when you're blushin'." he whisper mumbled which made my cheeks heat up even more. "nickie-" i was cut off by him leaning forward and putting our foreheads together. he smelt of cigarettes, alcohol and a hint of mint. wait.
alcohol.
fuck. he's drunk.
i attempted to pull away a bit but he grabbed my waist keeping me close again. "doll..." was all he said. "nickie...you're drunk, aren't you?" i questioned in a whisper to which he replied to with a small groan of annoyance. obviously he had hoped i wouldn't notice the strong alcohol smell. "danny 'n' i may have had a few drinks-" i cut him off with, "a few?" he softly chuckled and continued. "yeah, a few. i had 6 drinks. i think." that's more than a few but i wasn't about to argue. i attempted to pull our foreheads away from each other again and he didn't pull me back. though, he kept his hands on my waist.

"you need to go home."

his eyebrows knitted together in concern as my sentence finished. "why?" there was a bit of sadness in his voice. "you've been drinking,
you should be home. not here, across town, at 2 in the morning." i gently explained and once i finished he slumped down to my height, putting his forehead on my shoulder. "why can't i just sleep here?" oh...i mean i guess he could. "we do have an extra room-"

"no. i wanna sleep with you."

my cheeks flushed again as i thought about a reply. i would be okay with us sharing a bed...but what if joey sees us? he'll murder kenickie, then murder me and then bring me back to life to scold me.

ah fuck it.

i caved into him. "fine. i guess it's not smart for you to drive home anyways." he giggled, happy he had won the very short argument. i pushed him off my shoulder and grabbed his hand, leading him to the back door. "you have to be quiet, okay? my brother is sleeping and he would not be alright with you being here this late." kenickie quickly nodded obviously wanting to just get inside. carefully, i slide open the glass door trying my hardest not to make any noise. we walked in and i gently closed it behind us, pulling the curtains as well. we walked across the hardwood floor, with kenickie's sneakers making small noises against it. when we reached the stairs and paused making sure i couldn't hear my brother making any noises in his room.

eventually, we made it upstairs and into my room. as soon as the door closed, kenickie took off his leather jacket, converse sneakers, and belt, putting them on my desk chair. is he gonna sleep on his jeans? i guess there really isn't any other way. "you're starin'." his voice broke my thoughts, bringing me back to earth. oh shit. i am staring. "shit, sorry." i quickly apologized hoping my face wasn't turning red for the hundredth time tonight. "it's alright, dollface." he half yawned out. the booze were wearing off leaving him tired. i was about to ask if he needed anything but he just plopped himself down on my bed. i laughed softly and joined him, keeping my space a bit. it didn't last long though as he pulled me into arms with my back against his chest.
"is this okay?" he whispered the question softly into my ear giving me goosebumps. "mhm." was all i managed to say as a wave of weariness hit me like a wall. his arms made me feel safe and comfortable. in a few short moments both of us fell asleep.

early in the morning, my bedroom door opened making me sit up, out of bed. a quick glance at the alarm clock told me it was a 7 am. "hey s- who the fuck is that?!" fuck. "joey please-" my words were cut off by his yelling. "why the fuck is there a person in your bed?!" all of joey's yelling woke kenickie up, who was now shirtless. apparently at some point in the night he took it off and threw it on the floor. "what's goin' on?" he mumbled with his voice rough from sleep. "i don't know, blondie. what is goin' on?" joey basically yelled at kenickie who just squinted back in response, not quite processing who it was yet. "are you the brother or somethin'?" joey scoffed at the question. "am i the brother- who the fuck do you think i am? why the hell are you in my sister's bed?!" i broke into the conversation. "both of you, shut up. joey, this is kenickie. he's my friend. kenickie, this is joey my older brother. kenickie is here because he couldn't drive home last night. will you please, calm down?" joey was obviously frustrated and left with a mumbled "we are going to talk about this later." then be slammed the door behind him. i flopped back down on my bed looking up at the ceiling. as i thought over how i was going to explain this to joey, kenickie got up and put his shirt, jacket, belt, and shoes on. "sorry if i got you in trouble, doll. i'll see you later." he quickly kissed my cheek and left, going out the back door.

i can't believe kenickie murdoch has got me getting in trouble with my brother for him.