Chapter 2: First Meeting

It's been a while since she has taken a quiet stroll like this after all she has been given a lot of missions from the annoyance of a crow. At times she wondered why she was even given a crow when a sparrow is enough. She had to admit, she felt a hint of jealousy when that blonde boy got a sparrow at the Final Selection. She sighed as the cool evening breeze calmed her down.

Moriyama Moriko now stood in front of the inn with the wisteria symbol at the gate. It was the first time she had been here. Not even her sister brought her here. The orange and yellow hues transitioned to purples and blues. If it wasn't for her white haori then she would've been unnoticed as her uniform was black with a hint of dark green.

The gates opened and an old woman walked out. "Yes? Can I help you?" she said with your usual grandma's voice. She then noticed her uniform and the lime green sword on her belt. "Ah are you a demon slayer?"

"Yes, I am," Moriyama replied. Of course, she didn't forget her manners as she replied to the older woman with a bow.

"I will be staying for a while. Possibly until my crow comes back with another mission for me. I hope that's alright."

"Yes dear, that is quite alright." The woman replied with a small chuckle sensing the nervous tone of voice from the young girl. She welcomed her into the inn and provided her with everything she needed just like she did with every other customer.

.

.

.

It wasn't long into the night when loud voices were heard from the gates. Curious, Moriyama looked out the window and saw three boys coming inside. Well, she wasn't quite sure of the third as there was a boar face instead of a human's but who was she to judge. Her sister had taught her not to judge one's character by looks alone. She also noticed a familiar blonde boy with a sparrow and the other wore a green haori and earrings with a box.

Before she could complete her thoughts, a crow called out to her and landed on the window across the room with a piece of paper tied to its leg. Moriyama dug in her pockets to give the crow his reward before opening the letter.

A screeching yell was then heard from the adjacent room.

"How delightful." Moriyama mustered up a smile to hide the fact that tonight will not be peaceful. "This must be my lucky day, or in this case, night," she said, petting the crow.

When she opened her door, she saw a doctor and the old woman leaving the said room. She had sensed something odd from that same room and that box the boy had was increasing her curious nature. However, would it be rude to go in at a time like this?

Knocking on the door, she slowly walked in with a smile. "Sorry if I'm intruding but I saw that you three were demon slayers yourselves, is that right?"

"Yes we are," replied the one with earrings, "I'm Kamado Tanjiro, this is Zenitsu and Inosuke."

The boar head mask was now off and he actually had a normal-looking human head. Thank goodness

"My name is Moriyama Moriko."

"We've met before right?" she said now remembering the boys' faces. " You two were at the Final Selection, yes?." She received a screeching yell from Zenitsu but didn't flinch, instead, she stood there confused and bewildered. She had forgotten how loud he was at the entrance exam, basically knocking himself out during that time. It must be a miracle he survived it.

"MAARRYYY MEEEEE" he continued, immediately kneeling down with her palm on his.

"Stop that! What's wrong with you?!" He was then dragged off by Tanjiro followed by him apologizing countless times.

Moriyama let out a chuckle. "It's fine. I'm accustomed to loud voices. You'd be surprised by how many different demon slayers there are." Tanjiro was now scolding Zenitsu for his rude manners and Inosuke was grumbling and putting on his boar mask. What a weird batch She smiled at the bunch.

A rattling sound came from the corner and Zenitsu coward behind Tanjiro. "WAIT IT'S NOT EVEN LOCKED?!"

Tanjiro could now sense that Moriyama was alert. Her fighting spirit increased and he was amazed by the amount of power she had. He had also sensed that she was understanding. Nervously, he told her that it was just his sister who was turned into a demon quickly adding the fact that she was not like other demons. Moriyama watched as the door of the box opened and a girl with a bamboo muzzle crawled out. She sensed the demon's energy but it was different. She would've killed her on the spot but her instincts told her not to. However, she stayed alert as she watched the tiny demon stand up and increased her size to an average human height. She was shorter than Moriyama with a possible height of 153 cm.

Inosuke took one glance and went to sleep.

Meanwhile, Zenitsu stood there as if gathering all his energy for a final attack."Tanjiro." "I didn't give it my all just so you could spend lala land, making out with a girl. THAT'S NOT WHY I GOT PUMMELED AND KICKED BY A BOAR FOR RIGHT?!

Sensing that he was angry at Tanjiro, Moriyama stepped back and allowed Tanjiro to face the wrath of Zenitsu.

.

.

.

After he had calmed down, Moriyama decided to ask about Nezuko. Tanjiro explained everything about his family and why he joined the demon slayers corp even allowing her to interact with Nezuko.

Moriyama watched as the demon girl looked at her with her large eyes. "She doesn't seem to be like the other demons at all," she said. Nezuko then stared at Moriyama's foot. She followed her gaze and saw a bandage coming loose with the blood slightly leaking out. Moriyama nervously watched her eye the blood. Demons would go crazy at the scent of it but Nezuko just patted Moriyama's head and carefully wrapped the bandage a bit tighter. The slayer watched in astonishment as the demon girl ignored the blood. It felt as if she was a younger sister to her. She wondered if this is how her older sister felt around her. She gently patted Nezuko's head in return with a thank you.

Tanjiro chuckled a bit at the scene and smiled. "That means she sees you as family. I knew you had a sense of kindness when you first walked in."

Zenitsu then called out to Nezuko and he seemed to be on cloud nine. Before she could intervene, her crow came in and informed her to return home. She took this opportunity to write her letter to her sister informing her of staying at the inn and watched as her crow flew off.

"Well, that's all for me. I need to go now. I had received another mission sometime before located far from here and I need to leave at the earliest."

"Wait at night? Wouldn't there be demons lurking around?" asked Tanjiro

"Yes, but don't worry about me. I need a workout anyway. This will help me become a high-ranked demon slayer. Besides, it's almost sunrise." Convinced, Tanjiro wished her luck on her journey. He had a feeling that what she said was the truth and he would see her again.

She said her goodbyes to the group and the old woman and left with her white haori floating with the illusion of the sakura leaves patterns falling around her.