Extra Chapter Training

When Moriko finally made a decision to be a demon slayer.

It was like this almost every day. Moriyama's job was mostly done at night since demons die in the sunlight so at daytime she would prepare meals for her missions as well as for Moriko and occasionally for Rengoku as he would stop by before heading out. Apparently, he wanted to leave with peace of mind, and letting Moriyama know that he was heading out was soothing enough. At times he sends a note through his crow but most times he pops in and out. Mitusri, the Love Pillar who can eat more than the average person, sometimes visits to grab a bite to eat before leaving as well. Uzui Tengen basically comes in whenever he feels like it to discuss strategies and leaves before sneaking out some food and occasionally flirting.

Moriyama had grown to enjoy the Sound Pillar's existence though. They had first interacted when he had learned of her sixth sense and had requested her expertise in some strategies he was thinking of around the time she first became a Pillar and from then on they started talking. At times he would occasionally flirt and the conversations would usually end with him showing off his flamboyant muscles. Despite his questionable ways of socializing, what made her respect him was the fact that he treated his wives right and that he never let anyone reduce his self-esteem. In the words of Rengoku, it was truly admirable. Heck, he even knows the best hot springs and spas so she usually goes to spend some relaxing time with him and his wives.

This time lunch was served at the Rengokus, where the two pairs of siblings were having a meal and chatting about everyday life. Moriyama had also prepared a serving for the senior Rengoku but he didn't say a word while facing away from the door when she went to his room and laid down the meal in front of him. 

Her mother, Akira, was his pupil, training to be a Flame Hashira until his eldest son would take his place. He had retired to train his sons as well as to take care of his wife, Ruka who had developed a disease. However, after his student passed he took over but his views of being a Hashira had changed by that time. Moriyama also noticed some days ago that Akira had been researching something and died trying to find answers. Answers that the senior Rengoku had been keeping and should've told her everything but was too stubborn to say a word, claiming that everything and everyone was all worthless. 

As much as she wanted to be angry at him, she kept her cool for the sake of his sons since he had developed a drinking problem after his wife passed and became depressed. Because of his disturbed state, he mistakes Moriyama for Akira. Moriyama didn't blame him though after all he hadn't heard the news of her mother's death. She took this advantage and continued being Akira so he could at least regain some sanity and try to gather the crumbs of information to piece together the answers that her mother had been searching for.

She sighed as she left the room. Have patience. One day he'll be like his old self.

She rejoined the group that was talking about training. Rengoku stated that Uzui has been repairing some training equipment for Hashira training. "He really is reliable! Very Impressive. UMAI" commented the Flame Hashira, taking in the food. The Hashira training is known to be intense but not too deadly. Some were based on improving the basic breathing skills and then there were those that focused more on the main techniques. 

Ever since Moriyama had become a Pillar she had the idea of adding a few more lessons so that Air breathing or the six sense can be used. The Six Sense is known to be the instinct that gives the person awareness of their surroundings. Every one of the Hashira needs to have a strong instinct in battle. However, Moriyama learned while she was meditating with the breathing style of an Air swordsperson, the sense can be greatly leveled up to the point where you can think fast enough that time seems to stop and your instincts basically scan your opponent and can correctly guess their next move.