Chapter 6: Mugen Train: New Information

When Moriko first saw a train or even been on a train she didn't favor this type of transportation. It was fast but she never liked the steam emitting out in front or the screeching of the train tracks. Throughout the years she had grown accustomed to it but she still never liked it. At least they serve good food.

"Oh no."

Moriko gulped as she looked at the train station. Filled with people. Following the Flame Hashira to the station and stepping directly on his steps, she held onto his haori while she tried dodging the people. The flame-headed man looked across his shoulder to see the highly trained Hinoe tugging on his haori and chuckled. "Mori, are you alright?"

"Sorry, Ko-san but my senses are going crazy. It's overwhelming. They're so many people I can't even process it."

"No worries! Once we sit down you'll be fine! Come on"

As soon as they stepped foot on the train, Moriko's senses calmed down and were able to properly examine her new space. "Are you sure this is the right train?" she asked, letting go of Rengoku's haori, "I don't really sense anything other than the aftermath of a battlefield."

"Yes! This is the right train," Rengoku replied, showing her the ticket. "Perhaps you would like to check another train?" He asked with a cheery tone of voice.

"Forgive me but I am not going back there again," she quickly said shaking her head, pointing to the station. The Hashira then let out another heartfelt laugh which made Moriko chuckle a bit before sitting.

Although she was lacking in some areas, Moriko was still skilled enough to see the train. However, the train was fresh out of demons. It was the same as before, she could only sense the aftermath of the fights between previous demon slayers and demons who were here before but none presently. Maybe it's because it's daytime, or maybe they're using blood demon art. Whatever it was, she knew she was prepared for anything.

Throughout the rest of the day, the two slayers had chats and ate which reminded Moriko of the good old days that she instinctively went to take another flower to add to her crown but stopped midway when she realized it. It was now sunset and the train had stopped at a nearby train station to pick up more passengers. As she waited, she decided to read up on some notes on Air breathing and went straight to the 7th form chapter. This form was dangerous but very convenient. It made the user unnoticeable to the opponent when launching an attack but one needed full control over it as it can be harmful to the person's body, however, Moriko was determined to impress her sister and Master. If I can master the 7th form big sis will definitely see my growth.

A loud thud was then heard outside the train followed by the train shaking for a bit. It was as if someone headbutted it.

"Hm?" She looked up from her book and out the window but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. "Did you hear something?" she asked Rengoku as he opened a bento box.

The train whistle then alerted the passengers of final boarding.

"Hmph! You were able to hear the whistle before it's time! Impressive!"

However, Moriko's senses were tingling. To calm them down she decided to check out the other cars just in case. After she left, Rengoku then feasted on the many bento boxes startling the passengers because of his countless outbursts of Tasty.

It didn't take long for Moriko to come back as there were no signs of injury from the loud thud. Opening the door back to her car she was greeted with two staff members filling a bag with a tower of empty bento boxes that looked like they were gonna fall. Catching them Moriko thanked them for their hard work before seeing three demon slayers chatting with Rengoku.