Extra Chapter: Past Memories: Final

This is the final chapter of this book

I will start Book 2 when season 2 gets animated

Look out for a Oneshot book with them in the future

Also look out for one more chapter with trivia and facts about the fanfic.

Thank you for joining me on this journey and look out for book 2.

"Moriko! Are you alright?! Where's Kanroji?" Moriyama sheathed her sword and ran across the bridge, the planks creaking and the rope shaking with every step. "Moriyama wait!" called out Rengoku, "The bridge! It's unstable!" But Moriyama didn't pay heed to his words. The only thing she thought of was Moriko. Not sensing any demon activity, Rengoku sighed with relief and followed her to the other side. The fog was lifted and the rushing river below the bridge and the rest of the woods could be seen clearly.

Kanroji then ran out of the forested area with a few bruises as if she had just finished a battle. 

"Kanroji, are you alright?"

The girl looked at the two slayers surprised but smiled. "Mura-san, Rengoku-san. What are you two doing here?"

"We got a message from the crow telling us that the two of you went missing and Mori came here," explained Rengoku, now sheathing his sword.

"I'm glad you two are alright," Moriyama said, sighing in relief, "But what about the demon. Is it taken care of?"

"Ah, about that. We already took care of it," Kanroji explained, now shedding a few tears, "Oooh, It's just too terrible. The innkeeper was the one luring humans. The demon we fought was just her guard. It took us a while but Mori figured out that the innkeeper uses a special tea to reveal the crimes of humans when they go to the bridge. After that, they're slain by the demon as a form of punishment. I'm afraidwe need to confront the old woman."

"You two did good work! We-!" Rengoku complimented.

"It's all useless."Moriko was looking at the ground, gripping her sword tighter.

Moriyama frowned and her eyebrows furrowed together as she looked down at her sister.

"What..."

Moriko clenched her teeth fighting the tears falling from her eyes. "IT'S ALL USELESS!"

Moriyama flinched at the words and she was pretty sure the two slayers did too. This felt familiar. Too familiar. "Mori..."

"What's the point?" Moriko held her sword in front of Moriyama, "WHAT'S THE POINT OF ALL OF THIS?! IT'S ALL USELESS IF I CAN'T PREVENT ANYTHING LIKE THAT FROM HAPPENING!" She threw the sword on the ground.

"What am I supposed to do if something like that happens to you? I wouldn't be able to fight you. I wouldn't be able to see you die. Am I considered a fail-?"

"NO," Moriyama cut her off, "No no. Don't say that." She grabbed Moriko's hands, kneeling down in front of her.

"Big sis," Moriko said through her sobs, "I can't- I don't think I can do this. I'm not fit to do something like that. I wouldn't be able to fight you if you really were a demon. I'm not like you." She covered her eyes hoping to hide her tears but more tears fell.

"Moriko, you don't have to be me to do good." Murasaki put her hand on her chin raising her head and gave her a smile. "When mother was dying, do you know the last thing she thought of? It was the day she found you." Moriyama took a deep breath to continue, trying to prevent breaking down in front of her crying sister, "When I went missing, mother was lost but what kept her going was you. You gave her the strength she needed to never lose hope." She pauses to dry Moriko tears.